Chapter Three

____________________________________________

GuyMan cracks his knuckles. " Now that you're calmed down, do you have any questions? "

You nod.

" Am I really unable to leave? " You ask.

GuyMan nods.

" Is everyone chosen to be here, or am I really just this unlucky. "

" Nah, they- " Juan interrupts GuyMan.

" I wouldn't say you're unlucky, but you're definitely not on your best luck run.

It's actually quite rare to get chosen, I think. Me & GuyMan were born and raised here, like most people "

GuyMan crosses his arms. " I was going to say that. "

Juan nods.

" Is this place like, on Earth? Or am I somewhere else..? " You ask.

" Think of it as an alternate timeline. Universe, even. It's cool when you think about it. " Juan says, thinking.

You take a deep breath.

" I have one more question. Who was that guy who dragged me out my house..? " You ask hesitantly.

" His name is Bryant, Bryant the great. " GuyMan says with exaggeration.

" He thinks he's so good, being able to practically do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Like he's some sort of great, and powerful deity. He just- "

Juan puts a finger on GuyMan's lips. " Hush.. What GuyMan meant to say is that he has the ability to ' choose ' people to bring here. He's like an unofficial government official. " Juan says.

GuyMan nods twice. " Exactly! That's why I don't like him. He thinks he's my friend, even though I actively avoid him. "

You smile. " So you're saying he has a crush on you, right? "

" Yes! He's- what..? " GuyMan stops speaking.

Juan waves two arms. " Enough of that. I'm going to need to run some mostly important errands soon.

GuyMan, I expect you to take care of our guest, yes? "

GuyMan nods & salutes. " I vow to take care of our guests, Squire Juan, to the best of my abilities. "

Juan groans. " Right. Goodbye, you too. I'll be back later probably. " Juan leaves out the front door.

..

GuyMan turns around and looks at you strangely.

" Uhm. Hello? " You wave at him. " See something interesting? Something you might like? "

GuyMan shrugs. " You look okay, I guess. "

You raise an eyebrow.

" No no- I mean,, you look okay! Not okay, but y'know! You look okay for someone who's basically just woke up outside randomly, is what I'm trying to say..! " He stutters out. 

You smirk. " Is that all? "

His face turns red. " Yes, that's all! What else would I be trying to say? "

You nod. " Mhm. I appreciate all compliments. Thanks, GuyMan.

GuyMan scowls & groans deeply, but there's small hints of amusement in his expression.

" Is this how you introduce yourself to all new people you meet? " He asks.

You wink. " No, but I can treat you extra special if you want. "

GuyMan thinks for a moment, and looks like he might consider it.

" Actually... I'm not going to take you down on that offer.. but I know a good friend who needs it more than me, or maybe we can share, it just depends. " He shrugs.

You jump up. " I was joking! I barely know you. That activity is restricted to close friends only. "

" I was joking too.     partly..     But I do have a friend I reallllyyy want you to meet. So say yes, pretty please. With a cherry on top. :3 ..? " GuyMan begs of you.

Well.. You've got to admit, he kind of is cute. But you don't know if he's your type just yet. Maybe soon, though. But you're not about to admit that.

" Ugh! Fine. Only because you helped me out earlier. I'm only thankful for that, just so you know. " You pretend to pout & be upset.