Chapter Two

You wake up.

You're not in a dungeon.

You're not in a hospital.

You're not being tortured.

You're safe!

But you're... outside..?

Oh.

You squint your eyes. It's really bright outside. You try and sit up.

Atleast your back isn't broken. Neither are your eyes. But they definitely hurt. Especially your head. You lay back down. 2 more minutes of reseting couldn't hurt, then you'll go back home.

But will you?

Yeah.

Probably.

You close your eyes, only for 2 minutes.

4 minutes..

10 minutes..

50 minutes..

1 hour..

3 hours..

3 hours..?

Ruh roh.

____________________________________________

" -hey.. "

" -awake..? "

" wake up.. "

" -don't think so.. "

" ambulance.. "

___________________________________________

You wake up as a sharp pain jolts through your head.

You're in someone's house.

Your thoughts get interrupted.

Um, hello..? I'm GuyMan, and that there, is Juan. " GuyMan points at some thing (..?). It's some green creature, with a slouched posture, and no visible limbs.

" Yeah, you looked dead. Actually, you still look very much dead, but you're alive. You're breathing. So we didn't call 911. " Juan says non-chalantly, his voice sounding like some text-to-speech voice.

You look at them with a mix of bewilderment and confusion, like you're looking at a walking & talking drawing.

You snap out of it, and try to pull yourself up. You need to leave here and get help.

GuyMan eases you back down on the couch gently.

" Hey there, dude, you might want to rest for a bit. We found you outside, and your head was bleeding. It's best for you to lay down probably. " GuyMan smiles uneasily.

You get a strange feeling of Deja-Vu. Did you already see this before? Where are you?

" You know, this might sound crazy, but it seems like you've been chosen to live here. " Juan says ominously.

what.

" I... what...? " You weakly say.

" Yeah. You've been chosen to be here. It's some sort of system. You'd best get comfortable. " Replied Juan.

" No. I need to go home. Or at least call my mom. I can't stay here. " You say.

" Oh no. I meant you can't leave. Like literally. You can't. I'm sorry to tell you that. But you'll probably get used to it. " Juan reassures you.

" Really? " You ask.

" Really. " Juan reaffirms.

You nod, take a deep breath, and lay back down.

Juan clasps his hands together. " Glad we could come to an understanding- "

You launch yourself forward off the couch, but Juan spouts out a arm and leans you back down.

" Calm down, bub. I dont enforce the system, man. I'd go explore someplace else if I could, y'know. I'd understand if you're angry and confused. "

GuyMan steps back in the living room.

" Sup', gang. I have returned with some tea. I don't like tea, but I have figured you'd like it. " GuyMan hands you a cup full of warm tea.

You take it.

" Thanks, I guess. " You take a sip. It's a mix of sour and sweet. An 8/10. Yum.

You attempt to calm down. " Excuse me if I seem freaked out still, because I am. Very much. I'd just like to know what's happening, and if I should continue freaking out. "