𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ―𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

SITTING AT THE HUFFLEPUFF TABLE, Hyacinth made small talk with her house mates

SITTING AT THE HUFFLEPUFF TABLE, Hyacinth made small talk with her house mates. Unpopular opinion, but according to her Hufflepuff was the best house. Her attention was divided between the first years and Hae Yi, entertaining the first years, who stared at her with admiration.

Every time she told another story from their first year, the first years would cheer and clap harder. Luisa Abbot was someone adored by both Hyacinth and Hae Yi, they were in awe at the young first year. She looked adorable and so nervous, reminding them of themselves.

The two girls turned to each other and nodded, both coming to an agreement about Luisa Abbot. This one they would do anything for if she looked at them with her big doe eyes. Hyacinth could still remember Luisa's sorting.

"Hufflepuff" Hyacinth and Hae Yi had decided when they first saw Luisa standing amongst the first years a few months ago with Georgia Francis shaking her head at the two friends.

The hat had sat atop Luisa's head for a while, and the seconds drifted to minutes and nearly four minutes later the hat still hadn't made its decision.

Hyacinth had been intrigued. They had not had a hat stall in a few years, sure some were sorted in three or four minutes but the moment it touches five, it's deemed a hat stall.

The last hat stall had been six years ago, and that year Hyacinth was standing amongst the other first years, waiting for their fellow first year to get sorted.

She shook her head, ridding of thoughts about him. Hae Yi held her hand, Hyacinth turning to her in confusion. Hae Yi nodded her head towards the first years, prompting the Caddel to direct her attention to Luisa Abbot and the other awaiting young Hufflepuffs.

"Remember when you accidently punched Adira?" Hae Yi asked, laughing as she looked at Hyacinth who smirked at the memory. It was a week into their first year and Adira had asked her if her mother was a muggle. Hyacinth had gotten extremely protective about her mother, so she did not realize that Adira seemed more excited than disgusted.

"It was an accident!" She grinned, her eyes spoke a different tale as Georgia snickered and Luisa giggled.

"Sure, it was" Luisa says causing the older girls to cock a brow at her and Luisa makes a motion of zipping her lips and then throws the imaginary key.

The rest of the feast went smoothly after Luisa Abbot's tales of her siblings, Simon and Candice. Hyacinth was bored, Professor McGonagall stood up and cleared her throat, beckoning attention as she tapped her goblet with a spoon. The moment she sat down, Headmaster Dumbledore stood up and Hyacinth nearly groaned aloud.

She had nothing against the old headmaster other than the fact that he blatantly favored Gryffindor. But that was not why she nearly groaned; the headmaster was a bore. He spoke in riddles that even Ravenclaw's would not be able to decipher, and his sense of humor was uncomfortable.