𝐭𝐰𝐨 ― 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐬

THE GRANDEUR OF THE CADDEL ESTATE had played host to numerous galas and lavish parties, attracting the crème de la crème of society every year

THE GRANDEUR OF THE CADDEL ESTATE had played host to numerous galas and lavish parties, attracting the crème de la crème of society every year. Elias Caddel, not particularly known for his fashion sense, found solace in the fact that his wife, Sofya, took the reins when it came to orchestrating and adorning the grandeur of their annual gala.

In the intricate dance of preparations, Hyacinth played a role, adding her touch to certain aspects. Meanwhile, Elias took on the weightier tasks, utilizing his magical prowess to transform Sofya's visions into tangible reality. In this collaborative effort, the Caddel estate was transformed into a breathtaking realm, where Sofya's creativity and Elias's magical finesse danced together, creating an enchanting tapestry for their soirées.

The ballroom dazzled with extravagant chandeliers, their brilliance casting a warm glow across the grand space. Long curtains shielded the room from the winter chill outside, creating a cozy haven.

The floors, made of natural stone, added to the lavish charm of the house. Each piece of decor held a special meaning, contributing to the purposeful beauty of the setting. On the side, inviting bars beckoned with a variety of drinks for both children and adults, promising a night of shared enjoyment and warmth.

Hyacinth gazed at her reflection in the mirror, captivated by the elegance of the black dress. The romantic sleeves added a touch of allure, and the gown hugged her figure perfectly before gently flaring near her ankles. Once again, her mother had worked magic with the dress.

A soft knock echoed on the door, and she called out, "Come in."

The door opened slowly, revealing her dad with a warm smile.

"You look absolutely stunning, darling," he said, every word genuine. He walked towards her, placing a tender kiss on her forehead. Her face lit up with a radiant smile in response.

The father-daughter settled into her room, taking a moment to breathe before they went out as their guests start pouring in. Hyacinth had been fixing her make up as Elias read the daily prophet, a comfortable silence filling up the room as the only sounds came from the opening and closing of Hyacinth's eyeshadow pallet and the pages flipping from Elias' newspaper.

Folding the newspaper, Elias watches his daughter, unable to grasp the fact that she would be seventeen soon. It felt impossible but she had always been his little girl and she would always be.

"I can feel you staring, dad" Hyacinth says, shutting her pallet with a snap as she turns around in her chair and Elias shakes his head, a chuckle leaving his lips.

"How's school? You only have a year more" he reminded. It was a rude awakening that Hyacinth had little over a year before she would be busied by NEWT's prep and graduating. She takes a deep breath before she looks at her dad with a look on disbelief.

"Feels ridiculous. School's just like you remember it, dad. Nothing's changed in the last twenty years" She says, trying to ignore the obvious question her father had asked. He wanted to know how she was, not how the school was.