𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞― 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬

HYACINTH LEANED BACK INTO HER SEAT, the limousine coming to pause as it neared Kings Cross station

HYACINTH LEANED BACK INTO HER SEAT, the limousine coming to pause as it neared Kings Cross station. She sipped on her iced coffee, her manicured nails tapping on her bag with a sense of urgency.

"Looks like we've arrived at peak time, Ms Caddel" Henry called out, looking at Hyacinth from the mirror. She looks up from her nails, frowning slightly as she looked out and at the hundreds of people and tens of cars crowding around the entrance of the station.

"Its always busy, Henry" she chided, rolling her eyes as sank back into her seat. Henry laughed at her impatience.

"Don't worry, Miss. There's an hour for your train to depart"

She glared jokingly, "I'm not worried about that, Henry. I'm more worried about how my favorite compartment will be taken"

"Of course, Miss. I understand" he says, looking at the traffic that slowly eased as the car parked in front of the station.

"I'm afraid this is where I bid you goodbye, Miss"

She smiled at him, waving goodbye as he helped her trunk onto a cart. The moment Henry drove away, she sighed in disappointment.

She wished her parents would have been the ones to drop her, but she couldn't complain. This wasn't a common occurrence, infact this time was the first time Hyacinth's parents couldn't drop her. They had gotten extreamly busy with the new year.

King's Cross station was far too cheerful for Hyacinth's taste. Muggles bidding goodbye to their families after an eventful holiday, tearful goodbyes and couples parting with sorrow. She swore she almost felt something bubble in her when she saw an older girl crying as she watched a train depart, her lover having been on it.

Yet, here Hyacinth was, alone and pushing a luggage trolley in front of her, looking as peculiar as an owl in daylight. Hyacinth had never chosen a pet for hogwarts, for the sole reason that a trunk itself was embarrassing, imagine having to explain taking an owl to King's Cross.

The muggle part of her made it almost impossible for her to embarrass herself like that. She rolled her eyes at the countless children running around like headless chicken. She cursed as she almost hit one of them with her trolley but thankfully swerved to miss the child. The child ran away before she could give him a piece of her mind.

She sighed in relief as platform 9 ¾ came into her view. She Looked around to make sure no one was around to see her run at a pillar but considering her horrendous luck, she had ran into a bunch of paparazzi and they all seemed to wait for her.

Her sunglasses covered her eyes and she did look appropriate for the cameras but she did not want to miss the train or her compartment.

"Is that Hyacinth Caddel?"

She stood away from them but covered with scarfs, hats and glasses which she hoped was enough to make sure they didn't  recognise her. She winced lightly as they whispered her name, her eyes on everything except the Crowd of people with cameras on them.