chapter 9

⌞Mission completed

⌞Mission completed.⌝

⌞System message: I see you've brought quite a lot with you, master.⌝

the system remarks as Yueting stands in the spaceless place once again. Like the last time, the place looked otherworldly. Holding multiple bottles filled with alcohol and boxes behind her, Yueting begins to speak. "Can you put them in the inventory?" she requests.

⌞System message: Of course, of course!⌝

After storing away all the different variations of alcohol, Yueting sits down and continues speaking. "This time I left early because there was nothing for me to celebrate, but I am allowed to stay for a while, right?" she asks.

⌞System message: Well, you are allowed to stay for a few days after your mission but no longer than that.⌝

"I see," Yueting responds, shifting her sitting position.

⌞System message: Talking about that, did you really have to take 'it' with you?⌝

Turning around to look at what the system mentioned, there was a coffin beautifully decorated with Meiyang's corpse. "Better than leaving it with them," Yueting answers as if it were completely normal.

⌞System message: I see, well, she's already dead, but here she won't wither.⌝

"I see, thank you," Yueting says calmly. She knew this was wrong in one way or another, but she had a feeling that she shouldn't just leave her there.

⌞System message: Master, it's fine, you did it out of good intention.⌝

It was as if the system knew everything and could change everything. So how come it recognized Yueting as 'Kyo'? It hadn't made any sense from the beginning, but even so, the system probably wouldn't throw Yueting away even if it knew.

⌞System message: Are you ready for the next world?⌝

"I guess so," Yueting says, hoping this time she wouldn't fall from the sky like the last time.

⌞Loading gear...⌝

A bright dark purple light erupts again, and Yueting's clothes change into Chinese-looking attire.

⌞World genre of next mission: Chinese cultivation novel.⌝

"This should be hard, considering everyone is in sects and talks super politely," Yueting says, sighing before she continues, "What exactly is my mission there though?" It was a mistake she made last time because she didn't know what she had to do.

⌞System message: Currently, in the demon realm, people are going against their ruler as he is too 'insane'.⌝

"I see," Yueting remarks. Just a few seconds, and she could've guessed it. Just like last time, a bright dark purple light forms under Yueting before it opens up and lets her fall from the sky. But this time, it was different. She was right above a huge crowd of people, though it didn't look like a demon city or something from a demon realm. Falling right above a city, Yueting looks for something she could hold onto to stop her fall, but that's when she remembers a chapter in the guide she started but didn't finish because she didn't need it at the moment.