009

Truth be told Coriolanus Snow was stressed

It had been just under a month and their engagement planning had come to a complete halt.
Their wedding was in two months.
Two whole months if they were to be wed before his 20th birthday.
This wedding had to be huge, who was he kidding there was no way he could succeed.

Snow knew the best course of action was enlist help from Strabo Plinth, who no doubt was already planning most of the ceremony without Coriolanus's knowledge, but he feared the man would deem Coriolanus senseless if he did so.

He would ask Tigris but she was busy creating a new wedding dress line for her growing clothing business, starting the project as soon as she heard of Coriolanus and Livia's engagement.

So the blonde boy came up with the only solution he could as he casually bashed open the door to his bedroom and found Livia Cardew, snuggled into his desk chair, reading a book.

He tried not to notice that said book was by an author he was thoroughly fond of.

"Livia," he started straight away as she glanced upwards from her pages and rolled her eyes before continuing to read and not sparing him a second glance.
Call Coriolanus a hypocrite all you want but this irked him.

"I'd think it wise to look at your fiancé when he's engaging in conversation with you."

Livia wanted to laugh, since when did Coriolanus care for pointless eye contact?
She folded the corner of her page, an act that made Coriolanus twitch, and placed the book down, sighing as she finally made eye contact with her husband to be.

"What is it Coriolanus?" She seemed annoyed, puffing out her words and rolling her eyes at simply his presence.

"Our wedding, it's come to my attention that we have only two months left before we should wed and we aren't even slightly prepared," he coughed, trying to remain composed, she simply raised an uncaring brow, "sure the venue is sorted, despite my efforts against, but if I have to be perfectly honest I have no clue where to start planning a-"

Livia cuts him off with a signalling hand that says stop, he's surprised he does, but he's curious, "Have you found a cake?"

Surprise overtook the blonde as his eyes widened, "I suppose not."

Livia was smiling brightly now, "then a shopping trip is in order!"

***

Snow hadn't been into the city in a long time, especially not into the buzzing shopping streets where thousands seemed to be spending their weekend throwing their money on unneeded 'necessities.'

It was moments like these that he thanked his new found wealth, he had all the freedom the world could offer when he had money. He didn't have that before.