Arts, Skills, Magic and Accustomation - part 1

Ainz had to dawn his dark armor again to hide his skeletal features from the public. Rimuru had requested he continue to do so while out in the city as Adalmann, one of his more recent subordinates, had previously caused him some minor trouble. Like Ainz, he was also an undead sorcerer. Apparently, he was causing some of the other citizens to file some complaints upon seeing him and his undead friends out in the streets at night. Upon hearing about it, Ainz hoped to meet this sorcerer, Adalmann, so he asked Rimuru to arrange a meeting for him. Ainz wondered if he could learn more about this world's magic amongst other things. Demiurge was also curious about the legitimacy of his earlier theory and wouldn't allow Ainz to remain unguarded in a still unfamiliar land.

   Ainz and Demiurge once again meet up with Rimuru who then takes them both to an odd undead duo. They are looking at Rimuru like he is an object of worship. To them though, he really is and it's not just them as many people in the city seem to display such reverence to him. He was their chosen 'god', much to his embarrassment. A curious little religion named Rimuruism worshiping a cute little blue blob named Rimuru was practically born with these two and one other. Ainz can tell they are the 'overly pious' types just by looking, thinking to himself upon seeing how these two act in the presence of their lord, 'Oh boy… I don't think Tanya would like these two at all. It'd be like that incident with Aqua all over again. Honestly, I'm really glad she's not here... That'd be even more disastrous!'. "Adalmann, thanks for coming. I see you are doing well." Rimuru begins, "This here is Ainz Ooal Gown and his subordinate, Demiurge…" He says while gesturing towards Ainz as Ainz removes his helmet. "They're Otherworlders, Ainz is a mage like you, Adalmann. They're still unfamiliar with this world and its magic so I'd like you to spend some time with them over these next three days before the festival to help Ainz become more familiar with the principles of magic. In the meantime, Albert, I'd also like you to train with Demiurge. They also need to become accustomed to their Skills so they may need a little coaching on that front too. Does this work for you Ainz?" Ainz nods thoughtfully at Rimuru's suggestion "Yes. I think that will indeed do fine. However, I do have a question. What exactly are Skills?". Rimuru looks at Ainz, surprised upon hearing his question, 'Seriously?! He's been using his Skills all this time and even has a Unique Skill without even having a single clue of what Skills are? Man, how do I explain this to him...?'. Rimuru recomposes himself with a cough while in a short and hastened conversation with Raphael about how to respond. Raphael simply gives him a textbook explanation and Rimuru relays the info as a summary. "I see. So these Skills are forms of wishes and the desire to change the world around us and are formed using these "Magicules" within us?" Ainz asks, to reconfirm, "Also, I thought I had heard a voice speaking to us when we were summoned here. However, I wasn't too sure at the time. Is that somehow a part of it?". "Yeah. Although normal humans can't obtain 'Skills', Otherworlders undergo some kind of conversion to be able to store Magicules. Whereas Non-human beings like us are naturally able to store Magicules allowing us to gain Skills. That voice you heard was likely the 'Voice of the World'." Rimuru continues, relaying Raphael's explanation in abridgement. "You also have a Unique Skill. It's more powerful and versatile than other Skills and is completely unique to you. I can take a look at it for you if you want.". He doesn't want to indulge Raphael's hobby too much but he doesn't plan on allowing it to make any changes like it usually does. He only wants to take a look at what the skill can do for Ainz. Ains nods to the suggestion. "I think I can trust you with that." he says. Rimuru then asks Raphael to use analysis on Ainz. 

   '[Name: Ainz Ooal Gown/Momonga. Race: Overlord. Unique Skill: Nazerick. Subskills: <Thought Communication>, <Thought Hasten>, <Magic Sense>, <Analyze>, <Nazerick Inventory Manage>, <Magic of Yggdrasil>.] Hey Raphael, what are those last two? [They appear to be formed out of remnant data from his original world. The <Magic of Yggdrasil> allows him access to a record of magic spells he had in his previous world, however there is a kind of time limit between their use. The other one allows him access to, and management over, a collection of items that are owned by either him or his subordinates.] So it's like my <Stomach> subskill? [The principles are very similar, however, it's limited to a set inventory space.] Sounds like a video game… [After having seen Master's memories, it is a possibility that there may be a connection between his Skill and those MMORPG Video Games you appeared so fond of.] Yeah, the ‘Guild Shared Inventory’ and ‘Ability Cooldown’ mechanics.' This conversation between Rimuru and his Ultimate Skill took less than 3 seconds in real-time, thanks to Rimuru's <Thought Acceleration> subskill. Rimuru then gave Ainz a summary of his new skills and tipped him on how to properly identify them himself. Now Rimuru knew almost everything he wanted to know about Ainz's abilities, except for perhaps one thing.