Chapter 6

One month later

Elisabeth looked at the mirror nervously. Ugh, why won't my hair just work with me! She thought angrily as she ran her hand through her hair a few times. After deciding that her hair looked decent enough, she started to tug at her clothes, suddenly wishing that she would've gone with the casual look instead of the "I put a lot of time and effort looking like I didn't spend a lot of time and effort" look.

She sighed when she realized that it wasn't to get any better and walked out of the bathroom. Alright, no negative thoughts from here on out! She thought as the crowd of people engulfed her. But as she made her way through the airport, she couldn't help but wonder what Charlie was like now and what he thought of her.

She looked at the flight schedule that claimed that his flight would be arriving in 5 minutes. She felt her heart rate accelerate as she started to nervously tap her foot. Elisabeth started to make her way back into the crowd after a few minutes and made her way to the baggage claim. His plane landed 37 seconds ago, it's fine don't worry. Don't worry. 39 seconds.

Elizabeth knew he wouldn't be there yet it always took at least 1 minute to get off the plane and get to the baggage claim, but she still scanned the room for his face. She felt a tad of disappointment when she didn't see him in the room. Elizabeth tried to walk over to their designated meeting spot as calmly as possible.

58, 59, 60...... Any second now. Elizabeth thought before she was hit with a nauseating wave of vertigo. I'm really going to meet him again. She thought as she practically fell into one of the synthetic leather seats surrounding the room. Once again she scanned the room in search for a familiar face.

"Hello, you must be Eliza!" An annoyingly high pitched voice interrupted her thinking. She looked up to find a girl with bleach blonde hair standing over her.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but my name is Elizabeth not Eliza." Elizabeth said rather harshly.

"Oh I know! I just though it would fun to give you a nickname! Hasn't my little Charles told you that I love giving people nicknames?!" She replied much to loudly.

"Charles? Do you mean charlie?"

"Of course! I thought you were supposed to be mega smart or something like that!" The blonde woman replied while chewing her gum loudly.  Elizabeth narrowed her eyes at the woman who stood before her.

"And who might you be?"

"I'm Opal Flinn silly! I'm Charles 'gf'!"

"And what is that's unposed to mean?!" Elizabeth asked perplexed

"Why Opal is French for-"

"Elizabeth!" Opal's stupidity was cut off by a loud cry that came from across the room. Elizabeth looked up to find Charlie maneuvering though the crowd towards the two of them. When he finally reached them he opened his arms to give Elizabeth as hug but she stuck out her hand hoping for just a hand shake.

He reached out to shake her hand after a moment of hesitation. She studied his feature for the first time in 3 years. He had grown at least a couple inches, they use to be close to the same hight. His raven black hair was clipped shorter than it used to be. But his bright blue eyes hadn't changed a bit.

"Hello Charlie, it's been a long time." Elizabeth was the first to speak. Charlie coughed awkwardly as he let go of her hand.

"Umm Ya it has..." He rubbed at the back of his neck,"so I was hoping that wouldn't mind if my girl friend joined us, if I decide to go here, we won't see each other very often and I want to spend as much time with her as possible." Hypocrite. She thought angrily.

"Ya that's fine don't worry, now let's get going we have a lot of catching up to do!" Elizabeth replied to quickly. "Don't worry the cab ride is on me!"