9

“Sorry!” Eden panted as she reached the dining room, only to stop at the sight of the dining table.

“Oh Gabriel….”

The dining room, table and all had been completely changed to an exact replica of a table at the Ritz. The table even had the snow white table cloth.

“I wanted this anniversary to be special.” Gabriel smiled as he added brightly lit candles in elegant silver candlesticks. “So I decided to recreate our first time at the Ritz together.”

“You remember that?” Eden asked, her blue serpentine eyes round with emotion. “Even after all this time?”

Gabriel nodded. “Every detail.” Gabriel snapped his fingers and a spread of delicious food, a variety of sushi and sashimi, appeared on the table. 

“Although I did take some liberty with the menu.” Gabriel stepped forward and helped Eden to her seat. “I actually don't remember all those fancy dishes we ate that day.” 

Eden blushed, “Neither do I! Everything happened so fast!” They had met beforehand and enjoyed food elsewhere but Eden figured that the best place to take Gabriel to try a whole variety of food was the Ritz on that particular day. 

“But I do remember that you were glad to see me and you were so welcoming, like you always were. But you always greeted me like we just met. It always lifted my spirits and….it was the first time I ever saw you in a dress.” 

Eden blushed. “Oh I'm sure I looked awful!” Eden blushed, recalling that it had been the first time that was the first time she had dressed formally around Gabriel. Eden set her parcel off to the side of the table and placed her sonic screwdriver nearby when it poked her in the side. She wanted to be completely comfortable while she ate.

“You never look awful Edie!” Gabriel said as he sat down next to her. “Now, enough of this ridiculous talk! My Edie is hungry. I can hear your stomach growling from where I'm sitting. I can't have that.”

“You just want to get to the present bit.” She had seen her husband glance at the parcel she shoved to the side. “You like my presents.”

“I have no idea what you are talking about!” Gabriel replied with a smug grin.