𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒕

𝔸𝕖'𝕝𝕒

𝔸𝕖'𝕝𝕒

after getting out of that storm, we set camp at an abandoned city of some sort with sokka coming down with a fever. "how's he doing?". "the storm really did a number on him", katara puts a damp rag on his head.

i look at him tucked in his sleeping bag. katara was right. he had flushed cheeks, a runny nose and sweat dripping down his forehead. i winced at the thought of feeling sick.

then again, i havent felt sick since 100 years ago. "i couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but i found a map. there's a herbalist institute up that mountain. we could find a cure there", i pointed to the mountains beyond the horizon.

"ae'la, he's in no condition to travel. he'll be better by tomorrow". as soon as katara said that, she started coughing. "not you too". she tries to reassure me but is thrown into fits of coughing instead.

i look over at sokka who's thinks he could bend rocks and slurring his words. "i'm going to find a cure before you both start going crazy". i grab my staff ready to fly off, before lightning struck onto the ground in front of me.

"walking it is", i set my staff against the pillar. "keep an eye on them, guys", i say to appa and momo who chitter and roar back.

❄︎𖦹❄︎

i make it to the herbalist institute while panting. "hi. i'm sorry to barge in like this, but my friends have fevers and they've been coughing--", i rush out. "calm down, young lady. your friends will be fine. i've been up here for 30 years, you know. used to be other but they all left".

the old woman pets a white cat on the table. "ookay...?". she goes on about how her medicine did wonders for wounded earthbenders. "that's nice. are you almost done?", i pointed to the herbs she was crushing.

"i just need one more ingredient". she searches for the last ingredient but it felt like forever. i groaned out loud. "oh, here it is! plum blossom". i raise my head and muttered, "finally".

i grab the bowl, assuming that it was the cure to my friends. the old woman swats my hand with a wooden spoon and i exclaim in pain. "what do you think you're doing!?".

"taking the cure to my friends!", i rub my stinging hand. "this isn't a cure! it's miyuki's dinner", she hands the bowl to her white cat who starts eating. "so...my friends?".

"all they need are some frozen wood frogs. there's plenty of them in the valley swamp". my face contorts into one of confusion. "what are they supposed to do with that?".

"suck on them of course!", the lady smiled gleefully. i couldn't hide my disgust after that sentence. i would hate to be katara and sokka now.

"well, don't stand there all day. go!", the woman scolds. i ran out of the hut to strong winds outside. i lose my balace and face plant ingo the grass. i look at my feet to see two arrows holding my boots to the ground.