𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒏 𝑨𝒊𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆

𝔸𝕖'𝕝𝕒

𝔸𝕖'𝕝𝕒

we were packing up from our campsite from the night before. "you have to see it for yourself, the air temple is one of the most beautiful places of the world".

"ae'la i know you're excuted but it's been a hundred years since you've been home", she said and i take offense. "what are you trying to say", my eyes narrow at her.

"it's just that a lot can change in all that time", she said. "yeah, okay, but i can see it for myself", i reply dryly. i get off appa to go and disturb sokka's peace.

"come on, sokka. we have to get going to the air temple". "sleep now. temple later", i grin mischeviously and grab a stick.

"sokka, wake up there's a prickly snake in your sleeping bag!", i shouted while tracing the stick around his sleeping bag. he immediately wakes up jumping around and shouting "GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!".

"you finally decided to open your two eyes to the world, amazing! now, let's go!", i exclaimed.

❄︎𖦹❄︎

we fly above the clouds. "hey, who ate all my blubbered seal jerky?". oops. "oh, that was food? i used to it to start the campfire, sorry", i flash an innocent smile.

"YOU WHAT? no wonder the flames smelled so good". beyond the clouds, i see the patola mountain range, an indicator we were close. "hey, we're almost here", i exclaimed.

"ae'la, before we get to the air temple, i wanna talk to you about the airbenders", katara said remorsefully. "what about them?". "i just wanted you to be prepared of what you might see", she continued.

"the fire nation is ruthless. they killed my mother and they could've done the same to your people". "okay, slow down. just because no one's seen an airbender, doesn't mean the fire nation killed them all. they probably escaped while they could", i said in the most optimistic tone i could manage.

"i know it's hard to accept", she puts a hand on my shoulder. "maybe, you don't understand yourself. there's no way anyone could get to the air temple without a flying bison. isn't that right, appa?". appa growls in response.

"yip, yip". appa goes straight up to reveal the beautiful home i've been longing to return to. "she's beautiful isn't she?". "it's amazing!", katara exclaimed.

"we're home, appa. we're finally home".

❄︎𖦹❄︎

we make our way up the windy slope, with me running, excited to see monk gyatso. I stop on the edge to show them the training grounds.

"that's where my friends and i play airball and that's bisons would sleep", i sighed. "it's just-. this place used to be full of monks and lemurs and bisons but now it's just weeds", i said in disappointment.

"so uh, this airball game, how do you play?". i smiled at him. "i'll show you". we take our places at the end of each court.

i throw the ball into the air and kick it with a little airbending making it hit the poles and collide into sokka's stomach which resulted into him getting thrown into the goal. i laughed in delight.