𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑰𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒈

𝔸𝕖'𝕝𝕒

𝔸𝕖'𝕝𝕒

i feel poking at my head and open my eyes just to be met with other brilliant blue ones. only one thing came to mind at that moment.

"hey, I need to ask you something", i said, my voice sounding hoarse. "what?", the girl asked. "come closer".

"what is it?", she asked in a kind tone. "come penguin sailing with me!", i exclaimed. "uh, okay", she said unsure.

i lift myself up with my airbending. the ponytail guy points his spear at me. "um, get that out of my face, please", i push away his spear lightly.

"what's going on here?", i'd just realized we were in the middle of nowhere surrounded by icebergs. "you tell us! how did you get in the ice?! and why aren't you frozen?", he shouts and pokes at me with his spear.

"okay, first off, let's use our inside voice and second off, i don't know", i smack his spear. suddenly, i remember appa was with me. i climb the ice sphere i was in and find my huge furry friend.

"appa, are you alright?", i hug him but he seems unresponsive. "hey, wake up", i try opening up his eyelids and mouth. he finally wakes up with a roar and a shake. i giggle.

"what is that thing", ponytail guy asked. "this...this is appa my flying bison", i poked his nose he recoils in response. "right, and this is Katara my flying sister", he said.

"hah, you're kinda, funny ponytail guy", i laughed and he blushed. appa makes a face that i know all to well and i warn the others to look out.

ponytail guy doesn't get so lucky but katara does, using her brother as a shield. "that'll wash out", i make a disgusted face despite my optimism.

"so, you guys live around here?". the ponytail guy pointed a spear at my face and i raise my hands up, indicating surrender.

"don't answer that, katara. she may look innocent and cute but things aren't always what they seem. did you see that crazy bolt of light? she was probably signaling the fire navy!".

"yeah, i'm sure she's with the fire navy. you can just tell with the evil look in her eye", she gestured to me. i make my most innocent face smiling.

"the paranoid one is my brother, sokka. you never told us your name". "i-", i feel the sneeze coming and fly right into the air. i land back down sliding on the ice.

"i'm ae'la", i held my hand out for them to shake, but they both just stare at me. "you just sneezed and flew 10 feet in the air", he pointed up.

"i think i was much higher", i pull back my hand feeling a bit embarassed. katara gasped, "you're an airbender!". "that's me!", i grinned.

"giant light beams, flying bison, airbenders, i think i got the midnight sun madness. i'm going home to where stuff makes sense", he walks to the edge, but realized there was no way to go back "home".