𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

You didn't even attempt to get off at your stop; instead, you waited for the next one to come by before realizing you were heading to his and Yuji's home with an anxious heart. Still clad in your work uniform, you made it up the steps with a boost of confidence, only to crumble at the sight of the front door.

Your heart pounded in your chest as you hesitated to ring the doorbell. You knew Yuji wasn't home today; he had informed you over text that he was watching a late-night basketball game with Toge and Megumi.

You kept pacing, your purse swinging against your side with each agitated step, thoughts swirling in your head about how to approach this. What if he didn't want to see you? What if your theory about his confession was wrong? What if he rejected your attempts?

But before you could overthink it any further, you took a deep breath and rang the bell.

A few seconds passed, and you found yourself second-guessing your decision. "Fuck, this was a bad idea. I should go —"

Before you could even attempt to bolt, the door swung open, revealing Choso standing on the other side... shirtless, his expression a mix of surprise and confusion.

"Hey," He said, his voice soft and welcoming. "I wasn't expecting to see you. Yuji's not home..."

You bit your lip nervously, unsure of how to begin, struggling to keep your eyes from wandering to his naked chest. "Uh, I know. I'm actually here to see you... can I come in?" You confessed, your voice barely above a whisper.

Choso's eyes widened, clearly not expecting that, before nodding quickly to let you in. Stepping into the home, you felt your anxiety ease slightly as the atmosphere was always cozy and inviting. The comforting scent of incense filled the air, and the soft glow of the television in the living room added to the peaceful ambiance, always welcoming you.

"Take a seat. Uh, let me go grab a shirt," He murmured, realizing he wasn't dressed properly in front of a lady, before rushing back to his room.

You nodded and sat on the couch, wringing your hands together as you tried to gather your thoughts. A few seconds later, Choso came down the stairs, this time wearing a gray sweater. You felt a tiny bit disappointed, but his presence beside you was calming and reassuring for some odd reason.

He cleared his throat, his hands fidgeting slightly. "Do you want anything to eat or drink...?"

You shook your head, a small smile present on your lips from his offer. "I'm okay, thank you though."

Choso nodded, his gaze flickering around the room for a bit before taking a seat on the couch beside you, his eyes back on you as he waited for your reason for showing up.

Shit, this is a bit awkward, you cried inwardly.

"I'm sorry for coming here unannounced. I didn't have your number, and Yuji told me you would be home today... so yeah," You rambled a bit, your voice trembling slightly from the nerves.

Choso looked at you, concern evident in his expression. "I understand. What's on your mind?"

You took a deep breath, steeling yourself for what you were about to reveal. "It's about that interview... the one your group did yesterday," You began, your words tumbling out in a rush. "I watched it last night. I didn't really expect you guys to show up randomly on my TV."

You let out an airy laugh, the nerves kicking in much harder as you rambled. However, Choso let out a small chuckle at your joke, helping to ease the tension.

You continued, "I don't know if I'm overthinking it but... what you said about the future girls of your dreams,"

He listened quietly, his expression unreadable in your eyes.