𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"See you guys Wednesday!"

As you waved goodbye to your coworkers at the fine dining restaurant, you felt a mix of relief and uncertainty. You had just finished your weekend shift as a hostess. Despite wanting to switch jobs, the good pay kept you there. Finding something better seemed tough.

You sighed as you waited patiently at the subway, feeling utterly exhausted from staying up late the night before. After watching that interview with Hollow Domain and hearing Choso's statement, which struck a chord with you, sleep had evaded you.

When you groggily walked into your morning shift, a coworker mistook the dark circles under your eyes for a new makeup trend.

The subway pulled forward and opened its door, as you walked in, scanning for any available seat. Finding one, you allowed yourself to enjoy some peace until you reached your apartment. Taking out your headphones, you played some music for the time being. Putting your playlist on shuffle, you waited for a song to play as the train continued to the next few stops.

What a coincidence, a Hollow Domain song popped up in your queue, causing you to shake your head and quickly pause the melody.

Your thoughts had been consumed by that damn interview all day, replaying the what-ifs and whys of what you witnessed. Truthfully, you didn't know what to do or whether you should even talk to Choso about the matter. Yet, you didn't want to get your hopes too high if you were mistaken, even though you understood what Kinjin was about to expose.

Hopes to high... What the hell? I shouldn't be thinking like this!

Having any hopes with your best friend's brother is a big no-no. Even though you both hooked up, it was a misunderstanding caused by not recognizing each other. Now that you do know each other, you find yourself wanting him the same way... or perhaps even more. Groaning inwardly, you try to clear your mind of thoughts about him, attempting not to care about the subject anymore.

He was Yuji's brother, for crying out loud. You need to stop your obsessive thinking and move on from this minor crush on him. Remember, it was just a one-time thing."

. . .

Although, he did look cute in that interview... and has a really nice smile from what you remembered. Oh! And he really is kind to others, always putting their needs before his own. Those little things are what you totally like about a guy.

OH MY GOD.

You physically slapped yourself, drawing glances from a few bystanders who regarded you as crazy before shifting a few seats away. You chose to ignore them, consumed by the critical crisis unfolding in your head.

Covering your heated face, you couldn't handle the truth: you indeed have a crush on Choso, and you knew you wouldn't be able to stop it. How could you move on from this? Something was totally wrong with you if you couldn't get over a one-night stand.

Yes, he took the time to get to know you before anything happened, made you feel amazing and confident with his words, and was sweet and caring throughout. He also made sure to give you the aftercare you deserved, unlike other men.

Yes, Choso is an amazing man to be around and a great big brother to Yuji.

But, no.

No, you can't take back your word.

You couldn't and shouldn't throw yourself right back at his feet without facing any consequences along the way. Choso's words shouldn't make you break the promise you made about forgetting it, even though it seems he won't, judging by his admission during the interview. Someone has to be the bigger person, and you know it has to be you.

As your stop approached, you stood up, mentally chanting that you wouldn't submit to your desires or his, determined to move on from it, even if your body didn't want to.

"I won't do anything. I will not go running back to him!" You exclaimed, nodding fiercely at your decision as the subway doors opened to the station.

You lied.

You did do something.

And that something was you standing outside his home, pacing back and forth on the front porch.

What an idiot.

note: short chapter, sorry! i'll be posting one more chapter before taking a break from updating for a week or two in april cuz exam szn is approaching (crying inside)

please be patient when that time comes, thank you my lovely readers <3