Chapter ten

"She seems to be on top of things."

The bugs didn't even give Cara and Anakin a chance to speak to their leader of whoever was in charge of these disgusting creatures when they took them. As they slapped the cuffs on them and pulled them down the hallway Anakin and Cara knew this would be the end of the line for them. And they hadn't even found Obi-Wan yet. So much for proving themselves.

"Do you know who my father is? He will not be happy to hear that his only daughter was murdered by Geonosions!" She said as she struggled against them while they tied her and Anakin to a chariot that was to be brought out into the arena in front of them. Oh great, they couldn't just die, it had to be a spectacle for their entertainment too? She thought in disgust as the bug tightened the restraints.

Cara sighed in defeat as the bugs left her alone and tended to whatever creature was going to be pulling their chariot. And Anakin looked at her as she stared out into the area that was to be their place of death.

"Don't be afraid." He said softly.

"I'm not afraid to die." She said quietly disturbing the lingering silence between them.

"I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life." She said looking into his eyes and catching him off guard.

"What are you talking about?" He asked softly.

Even though the arena was loud with people cheering and talking in front of them, they let this moment, this last moment between them be intimate and somewhat peaceful as they drowned out the rest of the world.

Cara let the silence between them linger a little bit longer before speaking. She wasn't sure until now how she felt, her mind had had been so cloudy but now, as she was faced with her imminent death. She didn't want to wait another second to say what needed to be said. What you could sense whenever you were around them.

They could feel it, their longing for each other. Anyone could see it. How they looked at each other. But no one had dared to speak it until now. They knew there was an attraction there, some chemistry. But this was something else entirely. Anakin knew he felt it He had been showing it this entire time and now it was her turn to say it, and to mean it.

"I love you."

"You love me?" He asked, his face flickering into a smile, He had been waiting for so long to hear her say it back. To say she'd be with him and now that she had be couldn't help but be shocked. He was so sure she would stick with her sense of duty and morality than him. But maybe he was wrong.

"I thought that we had decided not to fall in love. That we would be forced to live a lie. That it would destroy our lives." Anakin said using her own words against her.

"I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. And I can't go another second without telling you how I feel Anakin. I can't die on a good conscience knowing I never told you." She said, her eyes flickering down from his to his lips as her words became barely even a whisper and they leaned in, longing for each others touch before Anakin closed the gap between them.

And their kiss was everything they needed it to be. Everything finally out in the open, and they felt at peace knowing how each other felt. Feeling madly, deeply and irrevocably in love with one another.

But they were forced to pull away when they felt the chariot move and they were pulled out into the area. And Cara looked around noticing just how many people there were. But could you really call them people? Ninety percent of the audience were bugs and the other ten percent were watching a young couple be led to their death.

As soon as the sun hit their faces and the spectators saw them enter the arena, the audience erupted into cheers and laughter as the couple was pulled into the arena. And once they'd made it about halfway in cars noticed the three poles standing in the center of the arena. Oh great, so they were going to be tortured to death. But really, could she expect anything less from these monsters.