Chapter nine

"you're starting to sound like your father."

The Naboo jet entered the atomopshere of Genosis as Cara steered the ship towards Obi-Wans last known location and the factory's on Geonsis. The flight hadn't been too long but with all of the tension in the room it had felt longer.

Cara and Anakin had no clue what awaited them on Geonosis but they knew it couldn't be good if Obi-Wan was calling for help. And you could sense the unease as they steered the ship towards the planets surface.

"See those columns of steam straight ahead? Their exhaust vents of some type." Cara said pointing to the three columns of steam in front of them. They'd make a perfect place for the ship to lay low while they found Obi-Wan.

"Yeah that'll do." Anakin agreed, landing the ship between them.

"Look whatever happens out there follow my lead. Okay? I'm not interested in getting into a war here. And since my father is a senator and my mother's queen of Alderaan they might listen to me. And maybe we can find a diplomatic solution." Cara said putting on her shal. after spending a while on Tatooine she opted out of her traditional robes and into a matching white set for this mission because of the heat and she was hoping that decision helped her out here.

"Don't worry, I've given up trying to argue with you."Anakin smiled, grabbing his lightsaber

"But you're starting to sound like your father." He added before following her off the ship.

They walked up to one of the factory doors hidden behind the steam vents before slowly and carefully walking in. As the door behind them shut with the airlock Anakin and Cara looked at each other, they had a bad feeling about this. And they were completely on their own. No masters to follow and no clue where they were going. They could be walking into a trap for knew.

But nonetheless they kept walking through the tunnels underneath Geonosis, but as they followed the path for a minute the walls around them began to chatter.

The bugs. Cara thought. But she shrugged it off and kept walking a little further. She couldn't let fear overcome her on this mission. She had to much to prove. But as they slowly walked down the tunnel the chattering got louder before she heard Anakins voice.

"Wait." He said turning around and striking down a bug with his lightsaber as it came barreling toward them. But Cara knew the second he did this that it was a bad idea because the chattering got louder and turned to screeching as the bugs started crawling off the walls and towards them.

"Run!" He yelled as he started striking them down with his lightsaber but they just kept coming towards him.
However, she didn't need to be told twice and she ran towards the end of the tunnel and opened the blast door. She looked behind her to find Anakin not to far back as he fought his way towards her and she ran inside through the doors.

But Cara stopped dead in her tracks when she realised what she had just run into. She was standing on a ledge that was meant to be a bridge overlooking a giant assembly line as bugs stood watching guard. One more step and she would've fallen onto the assembly line and been crushed.

Anakin made it through the blast doors and they heard them seal shut before the bridge began to retract itself and they ran out of room. But with Cara being in front she stumbled as the bridge moved backwards causing her to lose her balance and fall off and onto the assembly line below.

"Cara!" Anakin yelled as she screamed.

As Cara landed on the assembly line Anakin jumped on after her when the bridge had fully retracted causing him to hang onto it with one hand before jumping. But once they had landed on the line more bugs became aware of their presence and they moved towards them to get rid of them and keep production moving. And while Anakin was busy slicing droids and pushing away bugs Cara had run into another problem as the assembly line moved towards the crusher.

Okay... all you have to do is time it right she thought as she prepared herself. Okay. Right? It's that simple.

Three...

Two...

One...

She thought before running and sliding under the crusher right before it came crashing down behind her. One down, two more to go she realised as she stood back up only to face another crusher.

And this time she ran straight through the second one before it smashed onto the assembly line track and she she ran through the third.

Once the worst part was over she ran through the rest of the machinery and and up onto another platform overlooking the giant factory before feeling a push.

"Hey! What's the big ide-" she started before turning around and becoming face to face with a bug as it started shoving her off the platform and into a barrel as it got carried away on a different assembly line to have what she was assuming to be seering hot lava poured into them.

"Oh fuck me." She said as peered over the large barrel she was stuck in and realised the barrel she was stuck in was next.

"No, no, no." She said as fear crept into her chest and she felt the line move again before the funnel appeared above her barrel.

"Come on Anakin. Hurry up." She said as she backed up and tried to scale the wall of the barrel. But it was no use, she couldn't get a grip and the barrel was to big.

"I can't believe this is how I'm gonna die." She scoffed as her chest began to beat faster in fear as the funnel opened up and a ray of light appeared over her head.

But then she stumbled as the barrel was released from the assembly line throwing her forward and on the ground of the barrel as it fell sideways onto a new platform as she rolled out of it.

Cara stood up on the platform dusting herself off and making the mental not not to ever wear white again on a mission as she tried as hard as she could to dust the dirt off. But it wasn't much use, the outfit was already ruined.

But when she looked up she finally noticed the bugs slowly flying towards her as they trapped her in.

"Oh, you wanna have some fun do you?" She smiled taking her lightsaber off her belt as the yellow saber ignited.

Cara swung her lightsaber at the first bus that ran at her and she sliced his head off before pushing her hand out and pushing the next one away with the force. She turned around noticing more bugs were coming at her and joining their friends. She probably had about twenty staring at her.

"I hate bugs." She groaned as three came at her at the same time grabbing as she sliced off limbs and pushed more back but they just kept coming and there was no way she was going to be able to take them all right now. They had her surrounded. She looked around breathing heavily as she took out a few few more before backing up until she hit something. She let out a gasp knowing what it was before she turned around and felt a bag drap over her head before everything went black.