Chapter 1.5

[ATTACK OF THE CLONES]

CHAPTER ONE
"Master Yoda says I am the chosen one."

Cara sat in the courtyard of the Jedi temple with her lightsaber in her hand as she turned it over admiring her work. There was no one around her and she sat in the courtyard undisturbed because of how early it was. But Cara was by no means a morning person but she had woken up early this morning so that she could watch the sunrise.

It was a habit of hers that she had gained when she was little. When she was about four years old she had woken up early that morning because she couldn't sleep and she stepped out onto her balcony and looked out at the sky. And it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The sky above the forest was different house of purple, orange, pink, yellow, and blue and it was amazing.

And ever since Cara had moved to Corusant she would often wake up early to look at the sunrise when she missed Alderaan. But the sun wasn't up yet and so she was admiring her handiwork with her lightsaber to pass the time until the sun came up.

The lightsaber was a beautiful light yellow. And she was the first Padawan to own a yellow lightsaber. They were typically used by sentinels as a sign of great achievement in both combat and academic.

She slowly moved the blade in front of her watching in amazement. And the saber hummed as she moved it and she felt the power in her hands.

"Don't hurt yourself." A voice said behind her.

The lightsaber turned off as she jumped and looked around to find a boy behind her. He had sandy blond hair and tan skin with ocean blue eyes.

"Careful, you could cut off a limb with that." He said.

"Who are you?" She said still a little startled.

"Anakin, Anakin Skywalker. Padawan, and best pilot in the galaxy." He smiled proudly as he held his hand out to her.

She looked down at his hand in front of her before looking back up to him. "No thanks..." she said giving him a skeptical look. He didn't seem to take it to personally but just shrugged it off.

"Pilot? You look a little young to be a pilot." Cara said crossing her arms and looking him up and down.

"So?" He said giving her a defensive look.

"Never mind, what are you doing out here?" She asked him.

"I could ask you the same question." He said giving her a look that told her he was unsure if he could trust her. And he wasn't sure he liked her yet.

"You're a Princess right?" He asked her catching her off guard.

"I was a princess. I'm a Padawan now." She said correcting him. And that wasn't a lie, she hadn't technically been a princess since she left Alderaan to join the Jedi order.

"You're Cara Organa, Right?" He asked looking at her as if she looked familiar.

"Maybe. Why do you want to know?" She asked looking at him skeptically again. She wasn't sure if she could trust him either. There was nothing that he'd done that told her she couldn't, but her father had told her when she was little that since she was a princess she couldn't trust everyone she met. That sometimes the wrong people could want her for the wrong reasons. And because she was a princess, she needed to be careful.

"Geez, so defensive." He sighed looking her up and down and crossing his own arms and sitting down next to her.

"I'm just asking." He muttered giving her a side eye.