𝟬𝟰, 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗕𝘆 𝗠𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳

Beth groaned as she rolled over in bed. She saw Maddie walking in. "Have you come to be mean?" She asked.

"No. I've come to tell you to get up. Solo surgery is today," Maddie said as she looked to her. She smiled. "Up you get. Come on."

Beth groaned. She shook her head. "I don't want to. I want to stay tucked up in my nice warm bed. Away from everyone who is mean."

Maddie pulled the bedding off of her. "Come on Bethanie. Time to rise and shine. And be the hot doctor I know you are," she said. "I'll even buy you a Starbucks."

Beth reluctantly got out of bed. She got dressed and smiled. "See... perks of being the younger twin. I have little sister perks."

"You're younger by 10 minutes. Don't go too crazy," Maddie said as she smiled.

Beth turned to her. "You and Hunt. What's going on there?" She asked.

Maddie frowned. "Why do you think there's something going on?"

"The way you both are with each other," Beth said with a shrug. She knew she had seen with her own eyes there was something going on with her sister and Owen Hunt.

****

Lexie walked into the room. She looked to the residents. "He said Karev," she told them.

"Yes!"

Beth rolled her eyes. "Are you sure?" She asked. Lexie was still in her bad books.

"Yeah."

Meredith nodded. "You're "sure" sure?" She asked as she looked to her sister.

This time, Graciella walked into tell the residents. "Stevens! He said "Stevens!"

Beth rolled her eyes. "Well, which is it, Stevens or Karev?" She asked. She was really starting to not like the interns.

"This is stupid. You guys are gonna trust these imbeciles to tell you who's getting the solo surgery?" Cristina said.

Izzie smirked. "Is this hard for you, being banned from the solo surgery? It must be really hard for you," she said.

Maddie smiled and shrugged. "He may change his mind. He's been known to change his mind," she told them.

Alex shook his head. "Please don't do that," he said. Knowing he wanted to be the one who got the surgery.

You guys go ahead and, uh, will yourselves to be voted in. Use "the secret," Izzie said.

Steve, the intern, ran in. "Grey! Uh, the chief said "Grey."

"What? Come on. This is bogus."

Beth rolled her eyes and scoffed. "You're just figuring that out?" She said. She turned to Maddie. "You okay?"

Izzie shook her head. "Steve is not a lip-reader."

Bailey walked in "None of the interns are lip-readers. You just have to wait for the attendings to vote just like we did when I won," she told them all.

- [ ] Maddie looked to her. "You won your solo surgery?" She asked with a look at her.

Bailey nodded. "I'm just gonna pretend you didn't feel the need to ask me that question, Grey. Of course I won. I was good. I didn't cut l-vad wires ... or put my hand in bomb-y body cavities or have my interns operating on themselves. I was special. I was young, gifted and black, and everybody knew it. The attendings knew it. The chief knew it. I didn't have to act like I could read lips. Just go about my work calmly, and waited for my name to get called," she said.