𝟬𝟭, 𝗗𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗮 𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗗𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗼𝗳 𝗠𝗲

Beth walked into the changing room with Maddie. She smirked. "So today we find out where we ranked. I'm betting we're in the top three."

Maddie looked to her. "Why do you think that?"

"Erm hello. This hospital has me. The girl who is happily single. I'm just... simply one of the best residents here. You're my competition," Maddie said as she got changed into her scrubs.

Maddie shrugged. "You haven't been with anyone since George fucked Izzie behind your back. Also, I think Lexie has a thing for George. I've seen the way she looks at him," she said.

"Lexie and George? My innocent little sister," Beth said. She turned to look at Meredith. "Do you think I'll ever be engaged to someone who's not at deaths door?"

Maddie scoffed. "Be nice Bethanie. You know you'll upset Stevens."

"What are you? My mother?"

"No. She's dead."

Beth blinked a couple of times. "Wow Mer. Dark and twisty coming out and it's not even 10am yet," she said as she looked to her.

Meredith shrugged and smiled. "Tequila hasn't left my system yet."

"Nice."

Maddie grinned and nodded. "My sisters are just full of dark humour. You know," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"You know it."

****

Beth was walking over to where Bailey was. She smiled as she saw Maddie. "Is it up yet?" She asked as she sat on the desk.

"No. Not yet."

"Fuck," Beth mumbled. She winced when she felt a hand round her head. "Ow!"

"Language," Bailey said, glaring at her former intern. She had always had a soft spot for Maddie. She made sure no one knew about it though.

Bailey had to admit that Beth was her favourite intern. She knew that she had been through a lot.

Beth grinned. She looked at her. "Sorry ma'am. I have no filter. I get that from having dark humour."

"Shut it."

"Yes ma'am."

Bailey hid a smirk as she looked to the computer. She kept on clicking the refresh button. Beth grinned. "Can you refresh that quick enough?" She teased.

"Bethanie Grey. If you don't shut up, I will kick you," Bailey said as she looked at her.

Derek walked over. He smiled. Bailey glared. "You're taking up my oxygen," she said as she looked to him.

"I'm trying to see."

Beth grinned. "There's nothing to see yet Derek. Get in line," she said as she took the coffee Maddie had. "I need this more."

"Course you do hun."

Beth smirked as Mark and Erica walked over. "Is it up yet?" Mark asked as he stood behind her.

Beth bit her lip at feeling how close they were to each other. "Close enough there?" She said as Mark smirked.

Beth knew how she and Mark had often flirted with each other. But nothing had ever happened. Beth was too young and she was vulnerable. Especially as she had almost died during the ferry crash.

"It should have been up as 4pm," Erica said as she looked at the computer.

Mark shrugged. "It's 4:15pm."