Jeff

I came home around 7 pm post my work errands with dinner in tow for Ta and myself. However, I found the living room empty and was confused. I went to the guest bedroom and found it empty too. Where was this Ta?!

I went to my room and was surprised to find him sleeping in my bed. He had a book in his hand as he slept, sitting up, with the fan blowing at him. He must have fallen asleep not too long ago whilst reading. I chuckled to myself softly as I went and sat on the bed. I prodded him slowly, and he woke up.

"Phi? You are back. How was work?"

He asked sleepily. I laughed as I filled him in on my day. I told him to eat dinner first before sleeping. He nodded and got out of bed, washing his face and hands and getting ready for dinner.

I plated dinner and prepped his medicines, too. We had dinner, chatting quietly and trading stories. Post dinner, Ta hung out at the kitchen as I cleaned up, and he took his medicines. Once I was done, I told Ta to go ahead and sleep first whilst I worked on my music. He nodded and trudged off to my room. I think he had no idea it was mine. I worked on my music till late and finally went to the guest bedroom to sleep.

I woke up at the usual timing of 7am and was doing breakfast when Ta woke up around 8 plus.

"Morning Phi. Did you sleep? You woke up so early."

"I did. How do you feel today?"

Ta laughed as he filled me that he was feeling much better and that the bed in the guest bedroom was really so good. I burst out laughing and even harder as I took in his low-key embarrassment as I told him that was my room and not the guest bedroom. Ta was absolutely embarrassed and kept apologising nonstop. I waved it off, saying it was fine and that he could continue sleeping there.

We spent the day with me playing some of my pieces for him, catching up on shows, and some of the KP boys came over to visit him, too. By the time they left, it was almost 1 am. I told Ta to go and sleep. He offered to sleep in the guest bedroom, but I chased him away to my room whilst I took the guest bedroom. The weekend passed by quickly, and on Sunday, I brought him for another doctor visit before sending him home.

"Will you be fine?"

"I will be, Phi. Don't worry."

"Anything, remember you.."

"Call you. Yes, I remember. Thank you, Phi."

I nodded and reluctantly took off. Having had Ta stay with me for the weekend, it felt a bit off to have him go back to his own place. I just sighed as I got home, showered, and was prepping myself a snack and watching TV when the doorbell rang about an hour later. I was confused over whom it could be.

I opened the door only to find Ta standing outside.

"Hey... are you ok? What happened? How come you are here?"

I spluttered, confused. Ta looked at for quite a bit before muttering all red-faced.

"Is it OK if I stayed here till my cast comes off?"

"Sure. Are you having a hard time managing alone?"

Ta shook his head no. He blushed even harder as he finally muttered that he found it weird to be home alone and found himself missing me a wee bit.

I stared at him, speechless that the exact same thoughts had been running through my head, but he confessed it unlike me.

"Is it OK, Phi?"

I just looked at him and shook my head, affirming yes as I beckoned him in. He smiled and happily trooped in when I grabbed him by his wrist. He turned, stunned, but I further surprised him by hugging him gently, thanking him for coming back.