Chapter 6: What Just Happened?

Fuck! Why can't I just tell her how I feel? Why am I like this? I watch her walk out of the bar, then chug my beer and throw some money on the table before following her out of the bar. She's on the phone so I silently wait behind her. She jumps at the sight of me.

"What the hell you scared me." She stomps her foot.

"What are you doing?" I ask. Maddie rolls her eyes as she replies.

"Isn't it obvious I'm waiting for a cab?" The tone of her words tell me she's pissed. I take a step towards her but she backs away.

"Okay? Where's the cab taking you?" I try to stay calm.

"Home" Is all she says.

"So just like that you're out?" I ask surprised.

She turned so cold towards me. Her tone and eyes were telling two different stories. Her eyes are filled with hurt and I can't figure out what else. I don't take my eyes off her. I don't want her to go and I can tell she is struggling with what to do. I reach out towards her, needing to touch her to comfort her from me. Maddie finches like my touch will hurt her.

"Maddie please." I'm almost begging her.

"Please what Tyler?" Maddie snaps. She's mad. "I asked you inside what you want and you just sat there watching the TV. I'm not some love sick teenager anymore and this is not high school. This is my life. I'm not going to let you walk all over my heart again. Not that you would have a clue what I'm talking about." Maddie doesn't wait for my reply. She practically ran in the opposite direction. Fuck fucking fuck if she only knew I do remember, I remember every smile, every laugh, every touch, all the times I tried to ask her out fuck she's the reason I'm back and I just fucked it up already. I should follow her but I don't. I head home trying to figure out how to fix this.