Chapter 1: Flashback

'Now' Professor Lupin starts. He points to the wardrobe that stands in the middle of the room. It is rattling like crazy, I wonder what could possibly be in there. 'What's in there professor?' One of the Patil twins asks. Hermione's hand shoots up in the air. 'Yes, miss Granger.' I look at Hermione, knowing she has the answer, like she always does. 'It's a boggart.' She says and Professor Lupin nods. 'Yes, very good. five points to Gryffindor.' I smile at Harry, and quickly give him a high five. Hermione is the smartest of our class, she's number one. Malfoy and I share second place, but I'm better than him. We always fight over who was smarter, but it's me.

'Who knows what a boggart is?' Professor Lupin scans the classroom. I raise my hand, and in the corner of my eyes I see that Malfoy does the same. 'Yes, miss Queens?' The Professor looks at me. 'A boggart is a sort of shapeshifter. It takes the form of someone's greatest fear.' I say, eyeing Malfoy. I'm right and he knows it. It seems to irritate him, and I like it.

'Correct, miss Queens. Another five points to Gryffindor.' I smile and glance at Malfoy. He's clearly irritated, I chuckle.

'Okay, who wants to show us how we handle boggarts?' Almost everyone raises their hands, except for Malfoy and Neville. I raise my hand too. I've read about boggarts in books, but I never dealt with one myself. Professor Lupin scans the room again, but his eyes fall on Neville. One of the only ones who didn't raise their hands.

'Neville step forward please.' Everyone looks at him, nervously he steps forward. 'Do you mind telling us your greatest fear?' I can see Neville think, he's probably nervous. I would be. 'Professor Snape.' He mumbles. Everyone starts laughing, except for the Gryffindors. 'Snape, he can be a little frightening sometimes.' Everyone goes quiet when the Professor says this. I have to admit I wasn't really fond of Snape the first year myself.

'You live with your grandma right?' Lupin asks. 'Yes, but I don't want it to change into her either' He whispers. I can hear Malfoy snicker and shoot him an angry glare. Who does he think he is?

'No, it won't. I want you to picture Professor Snape in your grandma's clothes. Do you think you can do that?' Lupin asks. Neville nods slightly. If I could give that boy some confidence I would.

'The spell we use against boggarts is "ridiculous" ' Lupin continues. I grab my wand out of my pocket. Around me everyone repeats the spell, I was just too busy finding my wand. I always forget which side of my robe I put it.

'This class is ridiculous.' I can hear Malfoy whisper, for some reason he is right next to me now. 'You're ridiculous.' I whisper as I roll my eyes. 'Shut up, Queens.' He whispers back. I feel the urge to say something back, but Professor Lupin opens the closet.

For a second everyone is quiet, we're all watching the door open. Neville stands straight with his wand nervously in his hand. I watch the closet as a hand appeared. A second later Snape walks out of it, his black robe swinging behind him like always. Neville takes a step back, but still has his wand ready. 'Ridiculous.' He says, and Snape's black robe changes into a green jacket with a matching skirt. On his head appears a brown hat with some kind of bird on it. I don't know what kind, but it's a bird. Everyone breaks down in laughter, and I join. It's impossible not to, seeing Snape in old lady clothes. No one expected this when they woke up this morning. I even see Malfoy crack a smile.

'Great job Neville. Everyone form a line.' Everyone stands in line, I'm surprised how well that went. But then Crabbe and Goyle start pushing people. 'What a pair of donkeys.' I whisper to Harry, he nods letting me know he agrees. He's right in front of me. Ron is at the front, so he's the first. The boggart changes from Professor Snape to a big spider. 'Ridiculous.' I hear Ron say. Skates appear on each of the spider's legs, you can see it struggle not to fall. Everyone starts laughing again.

After half the line went it's Harry's turn. He steps forward, his wand ready in his hand. But before the boggart has fully changed Professor Lupin steps in. Instead of what Harry's fear is, it changes into a moon. Why would the Professor be afraid of the moon? 'Ridiculous.' Lupin mumbles, changing the moon into a white balloon. It flies through the classroom before disappearing into the closet again.

'Class is over.' Everyone quickly grabs their bags and leaves the classroom as soon as they can. I understand normally I would do the same, but this time I don't move. I don't know why, I just do.

After a minute everyone is gone, except me and the Professor. 'Miss Queens? Is something wrong?' He asks me.

'Uhm.. No. I just.. I don't know.' Now I grab my bag myself and walk towards the door. 'Marigold. Everything alright?' How did he know my name? 'I just had a question, but it's stupid.' I turn back to the door again, ready to leave.

'Nonsense.' Lupin says, making me chuckle a bit. 'What happens when you touch a boggart sir?' I ask, I know it's a stupid question. Why would you ever want to touch a boggart?

'Nobody knows.' He answers, as he walks closer to me. 'It's a good question though.'

'No it isn't. I'm just being stupid again.' I whisper, playing with the zipper of my bag. I can be really stupid sometimes.

'You're not stupid, Marigold Queens. You just think differently than others.' That one way to see it. 'Thank you, Professor.'

—---------------------------------------

'Where were you?' I hear when I approach the Gryffindor table.

'I just had a question, that's all.' I sit down next to Harry. 'A stupid one again?' He asks, I try to look offended, but fail. We both start laughing.

'Me a stupid question?' I say dramatically surprised. 'Marigold Queens, you're my best friend. I have known you longer than today. I just know it was.' He laughs.

I hit him, not hard of course. He hits me back, twice as hard. I should've known, he always hits back.

'Alright, it might have been a little stupid.' I admit. 'I knew it.' We both start laughing again.

—---------------------------------------

'Is he still exaggerating?' I ask Harry, while we pass the group of Slytherins. I see Parkinson almost drooling over Malfoy. It's gross.

'Yes, he still acts like he can lose his arm each second.' Harry answers. Malfoy almost attacked a Hippogriff a few days ago, and when it defended itself he started to cry and scream like he was dying. It was pretty pathetic.

'Staring at us, aren't you Queens?' Parkinson asks with her usual snobby voice. 'Why would I stare at you pugface?' I reply, placing my hands on my hips. I can see Parkinson's turning red, but I'm not sure if it's from anger or embarrassment.

'Come on Mari.' Harry pulls me with him. As we walk towards the library I feel someone following us. I look over my shoulder and see Malfoy walking not so far behind us.

'He's just too obsessed with us, isn't he?' I whisper in Harry's ear. He looks over his shoulder too. 'I can understand why. We're just so amazing.' I start laughing. 'We sure are.'