Chapter One

The sweet aroma of freshly baked bread filled the lobby as you carefully lathered a cake in frosting. The sounds of light banter drifted around from table to table. You stood behind the counter, a bowl of frosting and a knife in hand.

Your coworker, a tall blonde man with chiseled features and a constant monotone voice, called out a customer's name as he set the paper cup of coffee on the counter.

"Hey Nanami, could you check on the bread in the back? I think it might be done soon," You didn't lift your focus from the task at hand.

"Of course," Nanami nodded and disappeared into the kitchen.

"So anyway, like I was saying-" The white-haired man who sat across from you, Gojo Satoru, began rambling on about some encounter he had at the local shopping district. The finely decorated cupcake in his hand swayed in the air as he gestured with his hands, exaggerating the details of the story.

He swiveled on the bar stool and turned to his dark-haired and polar opposite boyfriend, Geto Suguru. Suguru sipped his coffee as he listened absentmindedly to Satoru's blabbering.

This is a pretty typical morning. Satoru comes in to satisfy his sweet tooth and Suguru follows for company. They've been your friends since high school, Nanami included. You had separated for a bit during college but fate had it that they moved to the same city once you graduated.

Satoru stuck his finger into the icing of the cupcake and swirled his tongue over his digit, "We should go to that festival by the pier."

Suguru flicked his gaze to you, "I heard it was smaller this year, compared to past times at least."

You bit my lip in focus as you started piping the details onto the cake, "I'm down. I won't be free till next week though."

Satoru pouted, "Is Nanami overworking you?"

You lifted your eyes to his and smiled, "Oh no, Nanami is a fantastic boss, he wouldn't do such a thing. I just have a lot going on right now."

"Like what?" Satoru leaned closer out of curiosity. Suguru grinned as he watched Satoru melt under your smile.

You moved your focus back to the cake, "I have some family business to attend to." You've always been a more private person, and as much as Gojo pries, he's never really been able to get much information out of you.

Suguru rested his chin in his palm as he leaned on the counter, "Do you need a ride anywhere?" Suguru's better at not poking into your personal life, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't just as curious as Satoru.

The front door swung open and the bell above the door rang. You set your icing utensils down and hurried over to the register seeing as Nanami was still in the back tending to the bread.

You finally looked up to greet the customer, "Good morning, how may I help you today?"

The man in front of you caught you off guard a bit. His salmon hair was pushed back and framed his chiseled features. Thick black tattoos ran down his face and his piercing red eyes caught yours. He wore a black button-down shirt and matching dress pants.

He was devilishly handsome.

He stared at you for a moment before clearing his throat and speaking, "Just a black coffee." His rough voice fit his towering stature.

"Of course, what size?" You pulled your eyes from his and pressed a few keys on the register.

"Eh, just give me the biggest one," He huffed and moved his gaze to the chalkboards lined with neat writing, your writing.

"Rough morning?" You joked and looked up at him. His eyes fell back onto you, his expression was dull and annoyed. You immediately regretted trying to joke with him. "What's the name for your order?" You chuckled nervously.