VI

This took Yeonjun by surprise. He hadn't talked with Soobin about anything like this, just for the two of them to remain alone on the meadow. He looked at Soobin who was faced towards the other three boys laughing as they walked further away.

Soobin turned around smiling at Yeonjun, "I wanted to enjoy some time with only you."

If Yeonjun wouldn't have had enough self control he'd confess his love for him on the spot. Even worse, kiss him. But all he could do is smile sweetly back at him, it warmed his heart a lot.

"Soo-ah's birthday is coming up." Soobin said.

'Her again? I thought this was supposed to be about us.' though Yeonjun annoyed at hearing the name of the girl he obviously hated.

"And?" he responded without caring too much about the information.

"She wants me to be present at her birthday party at her house."

"Soob, I don't get what you're trying to say. Where is this going to?" Yeonjun didn't understand why Soo-ah's birthday needed to matter for him in the slightest.

"I'm saying she wants me to 'behave' while I'm there and I can't understand what she means by that. Again."

"Is she still implementing her stupid family ideals onto you and trying to change you into someone you're clearly not again?" Yeonjun got angry.

"It's not necessary her fault that's how she grew up." Soobin tried defending his girlfriend.

"But it is her fault when she tries to also make you act like her." Yeonjun spat. "She does understand that if she puts a suit and tie on a person that won't change the person, right? What is she going to do when you want to pursue your dreams? Object and leave you in the dirt? If I was in her place you'd be so much happier." he was so done with Soo-ah's whole ideology he didn't realize what he started saying.

"You think you'd be better than her?" Soobin smirked at Yeonjun's last comment.

He hadn't picked it up at first but after his face fell and immediately went redder than a tomato. He didn't mean to let that last part slip out of his mouth like that.

"I didn't mean it like that!" he tried defending himself from the now laughing man beside him.

"Haha, I understand, it's fine." Soobin reassured Yeonjun he understood what he actually ment by that.

Did he truly do it though?

He didn't know his best friend had feelings for him so what he said, he ment it with his whole heart.

"You know, for the past month we had more late night talks than we did in the last few years. I like that." Soobin appreciate Yeonjun a lot. "Thank you for always taking my side and believing in me no matter what happens."

"If I wouldn't have been then consider me a dead man already." Yeonjun looked into Soobin's eyes sweetly, "And I thank you for the same things."

Soobin pulled Yeonjun into a hug, a tight, nice and warm hug. Yeonjun hugged him back with the same amount of strength Soobin hugged him first. It was nice.

They pulled apart and looked into eachother's eyes. That moment was perfect for a romantic sweet kiss. A sweet kiss under the setting sun and the moon's light watching over them. But it was too good to be true for Yeonjun, Soobin let go of him and turned to walk away.

"We should ge going." he turned back to Yeonjun to say it.

Yeonjun felt disappointed he didn't get what he longed for, but neither did he want to make his friend cheat on his girlfriend. He swallowed dry and went after the dark haired man.