I

He has been besides him for forever.

They were inseparable.

Although Yeonjun's admiration for Soobin was completely different than Soobin's for him, but it was alright. 'Alright' was always what he told himself he was.

The park was empty, the smell of rain almost intoxicating, you could say it was a perfect day. The Sun shone behind the gloomy clouds who were chased away from the sky's vault. Soobin's strong perfume filled Yeonjun's nose, his smell was Yeonjun's favorite. Everything about his best friend was his favorite. Soobin's dark, black hair always stood out in Yeonjun's eyes, leaving aside the fact it was the most common hair color not only in Korea but around the world, it was still special. Heck, everything about the younger made Yeonjun's head spin, Soobin was the embodiment of perfection for him.

"Bro!" Yeonjun heard a muffled voice, or so he thought.

"Earth to Yeonjun!" Soobin has been trying to get Yeonjun's attention for the passed minute or two, but the other boy wasn't responding as quickly as he  wanted.

"Stop yelling, you're giving me a migraine." Yeonjun finally snapped out of his thoughts.

"What's up with you? Why's your head in the clouds this afternoon?"

The bench they were seated on had its paint peeled off almost entirely and Yeonjun was for sure helping peel it completely. The anxiety raised each time he thought of Soobin's deep feelings, the feelings who were shared with him and him only.

"Nothing much.." said Yeonjun as he stared off into the distance at the wet playground in front of them.

Usually there are children who come out and play after the rains stops, but surprisingly there's absolutely nobody besides the two boys there. They hang out in that park almost everyday, it's their favorite spot. It's nostalgic.

"Come on, I know when you have something on your mind and right now you seem in deep thoughts." Soobin was such a sweet and caring guy, always thinking about his friends' problems.

He turned to face Yeonjun, eyes sparkling and full of hope.

"Tell me." his smile was bright and warm.

There was no way those feelings would fade away any time soon.

"Have you ever thought about your future?" asked Yeonjun.

The question made Soobin pause a little bit, he was putting a lot of thought into it. But his response was quick and short.

"I wanna be a rock star."

Being a 'rock star' has always been Soobin's dream, ever since he was a child. His passion is songwriting and playing the guitar, he learnt how to play the drums too but the guitar is his favorite by a long shot. His voice is Yeonjun's favorite, it sounds 
angelic, such a divine sound needs to be heard by the rest of the world.

Yeonjun has always supported Soobin in his dreams and always will so he was happy to hear his dreams hadn't changed a bit.

"I'm glad to hear you're still the same." a smile crept on Yeonjun's face too.

"You're still the same too, aren't you. I would've noticed if you changed." Soobin stood up from the bench and held his hand before Yeonjun to help him get up as well.

'When you take this much care of me how can I possibly change. Myself or my feelings for you.' Yeonjun's thoughts were never expressed out loud like he would want to, not when his friend was crushing on a girl.

"Let's walk a little around, the ground's too slippery for the wheels. Don't want to slip and fall." suggested Soobin to Yeonjun.

They loved skateboarding, it was their favorite activity to do together. Not until she came around.