Chapter 12 - Coffee Break

Nashi's POV

"Stop cheating!" I said in front of the TV while smashing the buttons on my video game controller. "I'm not cheating, you are!" Nova argued back, smashing the buttons on her controller. After Dad left to interrogate that man, Auntie Mira took me, Igneel, and Nova back to her place. Nova and I were competing in a racing video game while Igneel was drawing with Auntie Mira. Annoyingly, Nova's character was slightly ahead of my character in the game.

While we were near the end of our game, the doorbell rang. I kept focusing on our game while Auntie Mira walked to the door. "Daddy!" I heard Igneel cheer and ran towards the front door. I turned my attention away from my game to look at the door. Dad walked in looking exhausted and loosened his tie. I wondered how the interrogation went. Did he get Mum's location? Igneel hugged Dad's leg and Dad ruffled his hair with a big grin on his face. Does that grin mean something good? It has to be right? He hasn't smiled like that since Mum was taken.

"Welcome back Natsu. How did it go?" Auntie Mira asked. Dad smirked, "we got answers" he said and my heart skipped a beat at his words. He got answers on where they're holding Mum?! "I win!" Nova's cheer brought me back to the game. I realised that while I was distracted, I lost my place in second and came last while Nova came first. "Hey! No fair, I was distracted!" I argued. Nova poked her tongue out at me. "You snooze, you lose cuz" she teased.

"Would you like a coffee Natsu?" Auntie Mira offered Dad and we turned our attention to listen to their conversation. "Yes please, organising a rescue party takes a lot of work" Dad replied as he picked up Igneel and walked over to the couch before dramatically collapsing on it. I jumped to my feet and ran to him. I placed my hand on his knee to get his attention. "You're going to rescue Mum soon? When?!" I asked, eagerly. "I want Mummy" Igneel commented while hugging Dad tighter. Dad reached out and ruffled my hair. Argh, now my hair is messy. "We're rescuing her tonight. You'll see her soon" he said and then smiled bigger at me. I was overcome with excitement. We were finally going to see Mum again. I jumped on top of Dad and hugged both him and Igneel. Dad chuckled and hugged both of us tighter. The three of us smiled and giggled.

Suddenly we heard a click, and we whipped our heads up to see Auntie Mira holding a camera in her hands. Standing next to her was Nova with stars in her eyes, matching her mother's. "Mira" Dad warned lightly, and she giggled. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I had to capture this adorable family moment and I'm sure Lucy will love to see this when she returns" she said. Dad smiled, "I'll let it slide this time" he replied. Auntie Mira giggled before returning to the kitchen. Dad has a nickname for Auntie Mira, he calls her the 'Shipping Queen'. Whatever that means.

The front door opened, and Uncle Laxus walked in. "I'm home" he said tiredly while rubbing the back of his neck. "Welcome home" Auntie Mira replied with a coffee cup in her hand and pecked his lips. Ew, adults are gross. Auntie Mira walked to Dad and handed him his coffee. "Did you hear Dad? Uncle Natsu is going to rescue Aunty Lucy tonight" Nova said, excitedly running up to Uncle Laxus. "Yeah I heard and I'm on the rescue party" Uncle Laxus replied, with a slight tone of happiness. "Speaking of that, Boss that thing you ordered me to do, it's done and everyone is in position" he added. Dad smirked, "excellent. Let's save my wife" he said as he stood up and walked towards the door to join Uncle Laxus.

"One moment, I'll put your coffee in a takeaway cup" Auntie Mira called out and took Dad's cup to the kitchen. She poured his coffee into a paper cup and poured a fresh cup of coffee in another paper cup before putting a plastic lid on top of each cup. In Dad's line of business, having takeaway cups comes in handy when he needs to rush out for business meetings or mafia missions.

With both coffees in either hand, she walked to Dad and Uncle Laxus and handed them their coffees. "Thanks babe" Uncle Laxus said and then took a sip of his coffee. Auntie Mira smiled. "Don't worry about Nashi and Igneel. They can sleep here until you return" she said. Dad nodded, "Nashi, Igneel, listen to Mira while I'm gone. Let's go Laxus" he said and then turned towards the door. Igneel ran and hugged his leg. "Bring Mummy back" he said with tears in his eyes. Dad kneeled to his level and pushed him back slightly to look at him face-to-face. "I promise, I'll bring back your mother but I need you to be strong for me until then. Can you do that for me?" he asked. Igneel looked at him and nodded. "That's my boy" Dad said as he ruffled Igneel's hair and then stood up.

As Dad was about to leave, I called out to him. "Dad" I called and he turned to look at me. I wanted Phantom Lord to pay for kidnapping and hurt Mum. What they did to her was unforgivable. I clenched my fist in anger and gave Dad a firm glare. "Give them hell" I said and he smirked. "I will" he chuckled, which sent shivers down my spine, and then walked out the door with Uncle Laxus.