Chapter 6 - Betrayal

Natsu's POV

After giving the kids breakfast and leaving them with Mira and Erza, I headed to the location with all my men where we had tracked Lucy's phone. We were prepared for a mafia war. My men immediately surrounded the entire building when we arrived and jumped out of our cars. I was the first person to jump out and walk into the building. Nothing was going to stop me from saving my wife.

Laxus, Gray and Gajeel followed close behind me along with Loke, Luke, and a few other men. Wendy's treatments have healed them well enough for this, and they insisted on coming for Lucy. Everyone kept their eyes out for any enemies with our guns ready as we walked through each room and hallway, but it was oddly quiet. We came across a room with a foul stench and we all kept our guard up. Recognising the familiar scent of a rotting corpse, I prayed that it wasn't Lucy.

We burst into the room with our guns raised and ready for whatever was in this room. The room was empty except for the five dead men on the ground. The men around me split up to inspect the room. Gray, Laxus, and Gajeel looked at the bodies with recognition. "I've seen these guys before. These are some of the guys who attacked us at the park" Gray spoke up. I raised my eyebrow, "that means whoever hired them to take Lucy, killed them to leave no loose ends" I said. "Boss!" Loke called out and we turned to look at him. "I think you need to see this" he added.

We walked over to him, and he showed us another room attached to the one we were originally in. In the centre of the room was a chair with Lucy's phone on the seat. I immediately recognised the room. This was the room from which the video was recorded. I picked up Lucy's phone and entered her password which matched mine, our wedding date.

The phone opened to a video, another video message. Gray, Laxus, and Gajeel watched over my shoulder as I played the video. The man from the previous video appeared again in the same room. "Hello again Natsu Dragneel. Your wife is in another castle" he chuckled while Laxus and I growled. "In our last video, I mentioned a list of demands. To start with, deposit $500 million into safety deposit box number 365 at Magnolia City Bank within the next two days. If you decide to pull any tricks or refuse our demand, your wife will get punished" he said. He stepped aside to reveal Lucy sitting on the same chair still tied up.

"To show you how serious we are..." he said as he pulled out a hunting knife from his belt and walked towards her. I'd seen that knife before, but I couldn't remember where. He stood behind her and grabbed her neck before slowly cutting Lucy's chest deep with his knife. Her muffled scream sounded through her gag, and she shut her eyes tightly in pain. Seeing her in pain caused my chest to hurt and my blood to boil. Laxus walked away and punched the wall multiple times in anger. "We'll be in contact again after you deposit the money" the man said before stopping the video. I growled as I turned off the phone and shoved it into my pocket.

"Let's go. I'll get Levy to analyse the video when we get back" I ordered and everyone followed me out of the building.

Nashi's POV

Auntie Mira, Auntie Erza, Igneel and I were playing a game of Monopoly. Auntie Mira was currently winning, and Auntie Erza was getting frustrated as her competitive streak was showing. Our game was interrupted when Dad and Uncle Gray came through the front door and Dad slammed the door behind them. "Daddy?" Igneel called and ran to him. "Did you find Mummy?" he asked with hope as he hugged his leg. Dad sighed, calming down and gave Igneel a sorry smile. "Sorry little buddy. Not yet" he replied as he ruffled his hair. Igneel began to cry. Poor little guy hasn't been away from Mum this long before.

"Kids, how about you two go and watch some TV while the adults talk? Gray, Erza, Mira, my office now" he ordered. They followed Dad to his office while I was left with Igneel. I knew they would be talking about Mum and I wanted to hear what was happening. I turned on some cartoons for Igneel and then gave him a hug on the couch. "I'll be right back" I told him before quickly walking to Dad's office. Once I reached his door, I slowly and quietly opened the door ajar enough to listen to their conversation.

"So, I'm guessing you didn't find Lucy at that location" Auntie Erza spoke up. "How's Laxus taking it?" Auntie Mira asked. "He's not taking it well. After we came back, he went straight to the training room saying he needed to punch something" Uncle Gray replied. "We found Lucy's phone with another video message. I've given it to Levy to analyse and I'm waiting to hear from her" Dad said.

"What did the message say?" Auntie Erza asked. Dad growled, "they want me to transfer $500 million dollars to a safety deposit box at Magnolia City Bank. If we try anything, they're going to hurt her more" he replied. "More?" Auntie Mira questioned, picking up on that detail and Uncle Gray sighed. "In the video, Lucy was cut with a knife to prove how serious they are" he explained. "What are we going to do Boss?" Erza asked and Dad was silent. "I want to save Lucy as much as anyone here, but we can't give in to their demands. There's no guarantee that they won't hurt Lucy" Uncle Gray spoke up. 'They aren't going to help Mum?' I wondered. "I agree but if we don't give in to their demands then they will hurt Lucy" Auntie Mira argued.

"Silence" Dad finally spoke up and everyone else went silent. 'Dad won't let Mum suffer, will he?' I questioned with some hope in my heart. "I've decided. We won't give in to their demand. My wife is a tough woman, and we won't let those bastards win" he said. I felt my heart break and tears running down my cheeks. He chose the mafia over Mum.