Chapter 10 - Bottle of Fireball Whiskey

Nashi's POV

"Snake!" Storm shouted his answer at Gale's charade. The kids of Fairy Tail were gathered in the underground bar playing a game of charades. I was playing with Igneel, Storm, Gajeel and Levy's daughter Gale, Alzack and Bisca's daughter Asuka, Jellal and Erza's son Crimson and daughter Rosemary, Laxus and Mira's daughter Nova who's also my cousin. There weren't many people in the bar because most of them were out looking for clues on where my mother is being kept and to capture a member of Phantom Lord.

It was now Storm's turn to make up an animal charade. He took a moment to think before wiggling and jumping around. We were shouted out some guesses until Happy leapt up and bit his shoulder. "Ow!" Storm exclaimed as he stopped his charade. "Fishy" Happy drooled. "Ah you got it" Strom grumbled, and we all laughed.

The elevator dinged and we noticed the whole room became quiet. We looked to see what happened and we saw my dad walking towards the bar in a foul mood. His grip on his phone was so tight that he could break it at any moment. I wondered what made him so angry. 'Did he hear more about Mum?' I wondered.

I watched as he sat down at the bar. "Fireball Whiskey" he ordered and Auntie Mira rushed to get him his drink. As she grabbed the bottle and a glass, Dad took out a cigarette out from his suit and lit it before taking a puff. I didn't know my dad smoked. Auntie Bisca walked over to our group. "I think you kids should move your game upstairs" she said and started hustling our group towards the elevator. She bent down to my level and whispered "I think you should wait here Nashi. The boss might need you." I nodded and stayed put, turning my focus back onto Dad.

Auntie Mira was about to pour the glass with the bottle, but Dad raised a hand to stop her. "I meant the whole bottle" he growled and then she handed him the bottle. He immediately began chugging down the bottle. I haven't seen Dad this way. Something was definitely wrong.

After chugging half the bottle, he put it on the counter. "Thanks Mira" he said. "Is everything alright Boss?" Auntie Mira asked as she placed an ashtray in front of him. Dad sighed, "I just got a new video from Phantom Lord. They tortured Lucy and made a new demand" he growled and I gasped. He turned to look at me and gave me a sad look. "Levy, can you put the new video on the bar TV?" he ordered while running his hand through his hair. "Yes Boss" Auntie Levy replied as she pulled out her laptop and began typing fast. After a minute, the video appeared on the bar TV. "Nashi, you don't have to watch it if you don't want to" Dad said but I was determined to see why my Dad was so angry.

The video started with my mum on the ground of a dark room with a single light above her. My heart dropped at the sight of her. Her body was covered in cuts, bruises, stab wounds and blood. She gritted her teeth in pain while struggling to move despite there were no restraints on her. The pain was restricting her movements. Every once in a short while she would groan from the pain. Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched Mum in this state. 'What did they do to her?' I wondered but I knew I didn't want to hear the answer.

The same man in black from the other videos walked into the frame to stand behind her, which we assumed to be Jose. Mum weakly glared at the man but that was all she could do. "I warned you Natsu Dragneel. Since you didn't give into our demand, your dear wife had to suffer. You have one more chance, but the steaks are higher this time" the man said before pulling off his mask, revealing the man we suspected, Jose.

"Give Phantom Lord all of Fairy Tail's assets or the next time you receive a video will be the last moments of Mrs Dragneel and she'll be returned to you in a body bag" he smirked. He reached down and grab Mum by her hair before pulling her up. Mum screamed in pain, but her arms stayed limp by her side. Dad growled loudly at the sound. Jose dropped Mum roughly back on the floor. "I'll give you a week to decide" Jose laughed and then the video stopped.

Dad growled and slammed his fist into the counter. The room stayed silent like no one wanted to make a sound and become the focus of Dad's rage. Dad's eyes scanned the room until it landed on Auntie Erza. "Erza, any word from Crime Sorcière?" he asked. "Yes, I got a call from Jellal earlier today and he's got some information. He said he'll be coming later this afternoon" she replied. "It better be useful information" Dad commented.

Suddenly the elevator dinged and a tied-up man with a thick brown sack over his head was shoved out of the elevator. He wiggled and muffle screamed which sounded like he had a gag in his mouth underneath the sack. Behind the man was Uncle Laxus with an furious expression on his face and Uncle Gray beside him. Uncle Laxus bent down and grabbed the man by his collar before dragging him over to my dad. "Caught this Phantom Lord bastard at a bar in Oak Town" Uncle Laxus growled. "Laxus! Watch your language. Your niece is in the room" Auntie Mira scolded him, but Uncle Laxus didn't react. He only glared at the man he brought in. I've never seen Uncle Laxus this mad before.

"Good catch Laxus. Take him to the torture chamber. We'll start interrogating him in a few minutes" Dad ordered. The man wiggled and struggled more in fear. Uncle Laxus nodded before dragging the man away. "Gray, call Gajeel and tell him to bring his 'tools'" Dad said before taking one more big gulp from the Fireball Whiskey bottle. He slammed it down on the counter before walking towards the torture chamber.

"Dad!" I called out and ran to him when he was halfway there. He stopped and turned around to look at me. "You can't join me in this" he said and I shook my head. That wasn't why I chased after him. I remembered our deal. I only had one question on my mind now that we found one of the enemy's members. "Will you find out where they took Mum?" I asked. He smirked which sent a shiver down my spine. "I'll make him tell me" he said before continuing down the hall. I stayed where I was, watching him walk away. Even though he scared me with that smirk, I believe in his words.