𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 - 1 𝙒𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝘼𝙜𝙤
𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I sat in my room, staring at the message I got from my girlfriend yesterday. Alex and I have been dating for a while now so, I know when her messages seem a bit off to me.

From: Babygirl 💍🤤

Hi baby! I know we have a date planned tonight but something came up with Soph and Meg and I really need to be here. Raincheck? I love you, sorry!

We hadn't spent too much time together lately, granted, that was mainly because I've been spending a lot of time with my family but, I also had a whole night planned for Alex and I. I was super excited about it because we need some alone time together before school starts back up and before we both truly lock in for the playoffs.

I sighed, putting my phone down beside me as I stared at the ceiling as I laid in my bed. I decided instead of moping around, I'd go hang out with Mike. I got dressed quickly and headed downtown to get some food with my best friend.

"And there's the big idiot!" Mike said as I walked up to him. He gave me a hug as he stood outside the diner waiting for me. "You could've gotten us a table at least." I said joking with him. "Yeah but then I'd be stuck sitting there looking as if I'd gotten stood up, dummy."

We headed inside our favorite spot, sitting in the same booth we typically sit in as the waitress approached us taking our orders before placing some drinks before us.

"So, how'd the date go last night?" Mike said as he sipped on his drink. "Well, Alex cancelled on me. She said something came up with Soph and Megan and-"

"Wait really? Soph and I hung out last night. She seemed fine and as far as I know, didn't seem like anything was up."

You've got to be kidding me. I sat there pondering what could be up with her that she'd flake on me. I shrugged it off and decided to just enjoy my time with my best friend.

. . .

𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Okay, you know, on second thought, maybe I'm tripping and freaking out over nothing and should just head on home." I say nervously as I try to walk out of the door of the room in the doctor's office at the clinic.

Sophia puts her arm out stopping me from walking. "No, Alex you made it this far, you don't want to walk around and possibly in the next however many months randomly pop up with a belly because you didn't find out if you were pregnant or not."

She has a point but, I also don't want the actual results to be that I'm pregnant. Thats what I'm most afraid of. I know everything will change in an instance if I hear those words.

How would I ever be able to tell Y/n? Or my parents? I don't really know what I would do with a kid right now. I'm only in high school. And I know, it happens but, this isn't something I necessarily want to happen to me. I imagine being pregnant well into my twenties. Not before I'm an adult or prior to having my high school diploma.

I sat back down, my leg shaking up and down from the anxiety I was currently feeling. Sophia puts her hand over mine to try and ease my nerves.

I'm so grateful to have a friend like her. I kind of wished Kelley and Megan were here but, Megan thought it'd be smart for her to hang with Kelley to distract Kelley from the fact that I've been a bit weird with her and distant.

There's just too much to work around when it comes to Kelley because it always comes back to her distaste of my girlfriend.

We heard two knocks at the door before the doctor walked in. "Hello, I'm Dr. Zenab, you must be Alex." She says before giving a smile to Sophia.

"Okay so, Sophia told me you're worried you may be pregnant? Can you tell me why that is?"

I looked over at Sophia before turning back to the doctor. "Uhm, well, I had a concussion a couple weeks back or so and after I was cleared from it, I continued having symptoms like nausea, dizziness, I threw up a few times, just, a lot of things that I thought would've went away. I don't know, my body just feels a little off? Different, I guess." I said as I trailed off.

Dr. Zenab nodded as she noted what I told her in the computer. "And before I get the ultrasound out, when was the last time you started and ended your period and when was the last time you had sex?"

I honestly couldn't even give her an answer on my period. "I haven't had sex in probably over a month or two? I don't know when my last cycle was."

"Okay. Well either way, I'll still check and we'll go from there. Sit back and raise your shirt for me." Dr. Zenab says as she directs Sophia to grab the gel and the ultrasound doppler and machine. Sophia wheels it over before she starts to head towards the door. "I'll be outside so you can have some privacy." Sophia offers.

"No, Soph, trust me, I need someone here at least." I say quickly, making sure she didn't leave me. Sophia nods, as she sits beside me. Dr. Zenab puts the gel on, grabbing the doppler, placing it against my belly as she looked at the screen.

She moved it around and I tried to read her face as she looked at the screen not really saying anything. That was kind of giving me a relief because I'm sure if there was something there, she would have already said something.

The room fell silent as she kept moving the doppler around my belly.

"There it is-" she murmured as she tilted her head moving the doppler more. There what is?! I thought to myself. She moved the Doppler again, and the silence in the room became no more as the sound of a beat could be heard. Dr. Zenab moved the probe about a centimeter and the sound became a little louder.

"And there it is. I would say you're about 3 months pregnant." Dr. Zenab smiles as she turns the screen to face me. "Congratulations!" She says as she points the baby out to me. I sat there in utter shock and disbelief. She did not just say that. "That sound you hear, that's the heartbeat." She continued as she zoomed in on the screen.

Sophia looked like she didn't know whether to be happy for me or scared for me. I could tell she was holding back a big smile so she settled with a soft one. I noticed she had her phone out recording the moment as my eyes started to slowly well with tears. "Soph-"

"Sorry, I just thought you might want a video of the moment, just in case." She squeezed my hand giving me a soft smile as she stared at the screen. I felt stuck.

I just sat there, looking at the screen not really knowing how to react as tears started to roll down my cheeks. Of course, a part of me was a little excited knowing I have a human being growing inside of me but, also, the thoughts of raising the kid at my age, I couldn't wrap my head around it.

"So, Alex, I know this is a lot to take in. Do you know whether or not you want to keep the baby?" Dr. Zenab asked as she stared at me. "I-" I couldn't even form words. I didn't really think this far ahead because I was genuinely hoping I was crazy and these were residual symptoms from the concussion.

"I will say, you're past the mark for an abortion pill so, any abortion done at this stage would have to be an in-clinic abortion if that is the option you want to go with. There is also adoption if you decide you don't want to keep the baby. I understand this is a lot to take in and would recommend you take some time to think about this, go over things with your parents and, if you know who may be-"

"My girlfriend-" I say softly. Y/n is going to have a heart attack. The tears seemed to flow faster as I thought about her. Sophia sat beside me, letting me cry on her shoulder.

"I would go over this with your girlfriend- this is a lot to take in and I know, this is sudden and a shock. I also know you play on the same team as Sophia and I would suggest taking things slow, maybe even easing out of playing. I know many people have continued to play while pregnant but, because you're so young and there is an increased risk, I would be more careful. We aren't in the very dangerous territory yet but, if you are planning to keep the baby, we will need to revisit this conversation."

I sat there still not knowing what to say. I feel like my whole world just seemed to vanish and I was now living in some new reality. What is my life right now?