𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤

𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 - 2 𝙒𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝘼𝙜𝙤

𝙔/𝙉'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"That was cold blooded." I laughed as Sydney, Cassius and I walked into the açai bowl shop, ordering before we sat down. "It was a clean tackle, look at him, he's fine." Sydney laughed as I picked Cassius up. We were playing soccer at the park and she lightly tackled him as he was running. Typical Syd.

We were spending some sibling time together since Sydney was here. She only goes to college at UCLA which isn't incredibly far but, she also lives by campus now so, I see her less and less. She plays soccer for the school and she and Dom are raising Cassius together there.

Sydney is my half sister, my dad had her at a young age with her mom who sadly passed away when Syd was super young. When our dad met my mom, she took Sydney in like her own and then my parents had me. My mom always told me how great she felt the day Sydney started calling her "mom" so it's always practically felt like Sydney's her blood child.

We're pretty close. Sydney knows me better than anyone, maybe besides Alex. We try to have a sibling day once a month just to do a whole update with each other. Our family is very tight nit so, seeing Sydney for as long as we have this break has been nice.

Syd got married about 3 years ago to her high school sweetheart, Dom Dwyer, and then they had a baby so I have the coolest nephew, Cassius. It's been nice having someone younger than me in the family now.

"So, what's new with you? How's school? How are things with Alex? Is she all good now? Mom told me she had a concussion. " Sydney asks with curiosity clear in her voice.

"Yeah, she took a really rough hit at a game and was just on the ground for a while and you know Al, usually she'll just pop right back up but when she didn't I got nervous and knew something was up. But she's all good, cleared to play and everything. But besides that, everything is good, school is school. I'm more so focused on keeping my grades up and performing on the court, I gotta lock in the scholarships."

"Are you still looking into Berkeley? I'm just going to throw it out there again that UCLA has an even better basketball program. You'd be doing yourself a disservice going to Berkeley, especially if you aren't going for the right reasons." Sydney says giving me a knowing look before taking a bit of her bowl.

"And what would be the wrong reasons?" I said knowing exactly where this was going to head as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Look, you know what you want to do but don't close down any other opportunities for CAL because Alex is going there. You know your relationship is strong enough to withstand the distance if you choose to go to a powerhouse school where you'll gain more attention, like UCLA or even other ones like UConn or Iowa or something. I'm not telling you to not have Berkeley be your goal but, don't forget there's other places that would be just as lucky to have you." Sydney finished.

I mean, she's right, as much as I wouldn't like to admit it. I often think about what my life could look like if I chose to go to another school, a powerhouse like Stanford, UConn, UCLA, USC, the list could go on and on.

But, I also stand firm on the fact that I do love Berkeley, not just because of Alex. Is that a bonus? Of course. Neither of us have an offer from there yet anyway so, it wouldn't be bad to keep my options open.

𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Cross!" I yelled as I started running into the box. I was back to practice, granted we won't be having any games until after winter break ends.

Christmas was... well, very underwhelming mainly because I had a killer headache so, Y/n came over and I made her stay in bed with me. We had plans to go ice skating and all that but, she didn't want to go because she thought it'd make me feel bad and also, I gave her the whole "I have a concussion and can't do much because my doctor doesn't want me to" eyes and it worked.

She's been spending a lot of time with her sister over the past week so, we haven't seen each other too much. I don't have an issue with that mainly because I know how close the two are and would never stand in the way of them, they don't see each other so often anymore. However, I do miss my girlfriend so, hopefully we can squeeze in some time for us before school starts back up.

I ran to take a shot at the cross Sophia was hitting in and stopped, running off to the side where the trash was quickly hurling into it.

"Al are you okay?" I hear as Soph and Kelley approach me. "Are you sure you were cleared to play?" Kelley asked as she felt my head and looked at me with her eyes full of worry.

"Yeah, I got cleared like two weeks ago, I didn't have anymore symptoms. I don't know I think I just need to sit down and take a breather, probably just the lack of water or something."

Kelley looked super concerned and I felt bad as I took hold of her hand. "Kel, I'm fine." I smiled as Sophia handed me a water bottle. "I'm just overworking myself, I want to be at my best if I'm going to impress any colleges. I feel behind on offers." I said honestly. Am I downplaying whatever this is?

.  .  . Yeah, no I'm not. I know somehow this feels weird, something in my body feels weird but, I just think it's the concussion.

.  .  .

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

Alex and I laid in her bed, staring at the movie on the tv as light giggles escaped her lips. I couldn't help but to smile to myself as I started at my girlfriend. I stopped paying attention to the movie a little while ago, occasionally laughing at something I heard but, truthfully, I couldn't pay attention with Alex in my arms.

She looked stunning, as she always does. She's so distracting. I just continued to smile to myself, how lucky am I? Who wouldn't want to be with her?

"That's so stupid." she said to herself with that beautiful raspy voice. We hadn't spent the most time together so, we ordered a pizza and decided to have an indoors movie date together instead of going out somewhere.

I miss the feeling of Alex in my arms and us just cuddling together. Alex always seemed to bring me a sense of calm, peace, happiness, all the good feelings since the first day we became friends.

It's only increased since we started dating, or I guess the feelings have evolved into another thing. I love loving her, I love being her girlfriend. I leaned down, pressing my lips to her forehead, slowly peppering kisses on my girlfriend as she started to blush and giggle.

"Hey" she whined, "I'm trying to watch the movie." she said as she looked up, peering into my eyes trying to hold back her smile. "I know, I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself." I spoke softly.

I was always at my happiest with her, I couldn't deny that. She adjusted, getting comfortable in my arms but, what she didn't realize is she made her neck more accessible to me. I leaned down, softly kissing on her neck, leaving a trail of kisses all over her before I see her pick up the remote, pausing the TV as she turns around in my arms.

"You're evil." she pouted as she positioned herself and connected our lips. She sat on her knees as our lips moved in sync together before I moved to make it more comfortable for both of us.

"I truly can't imagine life without you." I said honestly as I stared into her beautiful eyes, I could see my whole world. "And you never will, I'm yours for the rest of this lifetime and the next, baby."

"Promise?" I smiled as I stuck my pinky out. "I promise...daddy." Alex paused as she trailed off. My eyes widened at what she'd just said making me gasp. She fought the laugh coming out before she started giggling. I pulled her on top of me as she became a laughing mess.

"Hey! No no, my sisters are literally in the other room, they'll hear us if you try to get anything started." she pointed as she tried to get off of me. We ended up practically wrestling with each other as I hovered over her before placing a kiss on her lips. "I love you"

"I love you more." she smiled as she pecked my cheek. God I'm so in love with this girl.

A/n: Just a filler :) and for that, a double update! Happy Easter