𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 (𝗣.𝗬.𝗧 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴)

Bella was heading back to work for the first time since she had Madelyn. She guilty though as Madelyn was still in NICU. But Bella knew she was going to spend every moment she could there with her.

Mark walked into the bedroom. He saw Bella sitting on the bed. Madelyn's bassinet next to the bed. He smiled. "She'll be home soon doll. I promise," he said.

Bella turned to him. She sighed. "I just wanna hold her. I wanna be able to hold her when she cries," she told him.

"We'll get to hold her soon."

Bella shook her head. "I'm her mom, Mark. And I haven't been able to hold my baby yet. She's spent so long in an incubator. Our blonde haired beauty and we haven't held her," she mumbled.

Mark pulled her close and sighed. "I'll talk to Arizona. I promise."

Bella smiled and nodded. She knew how hard things were. And she just wanted to hold her baby girl.

****

Grace and Derek were in bed together. Derek had his hand rested on her bump. "Do you have a name for the baby?" He asked.

Grace shook her head. "Not at all. I just... I don't know. I thought something would have come to me by now. But it hasn't. Bella had Madelyn's before she even had her."

Derek smiled. "Bella has had her baby's names ever since she could talk. Something will come. Maybe we just need to see the baby before we have a name," he told her.

Grace cuddled into him. "Bella text. She says she's heading to work today. But she's also upset cause she wants to hold Maddy."

"That's Isabella. Impatient."

"She's not impatient. She's upset. She just wants to hold her baby," Grace said as she smiled. "I wanna hold her too."

"Soon."

****

Callie turned to Arizona. She frowned. "What is it?" She asked as she looked to the goo.

"It's kale and apple juice smoothing. It's time to think less about your cravings. And more about filling that baby with nutrients. Which that has," Arizona handed the glass to Callie. She put the rest of the drink in a bottle to give to Cassie.

"It also has chunks. I don't drink chunks. I want my coffee," Callie said as the door opened and Mark walked in. "Mark. Tell the woman I'm allowed to drink one cup of regular coffee. You let Bella drink coffee when she was pregnant."

Mark nodded. "She had one a day."

Arizona turned to him. "Oh wait, Mark. Are you aware that there are studies that link caffeine with preterm labour. Low birth weight and other birth defects?" She said.

Mark turned to Callie. "I didn't know that. Bella drank one a day. And my Madelyn is fine," he said.

Callie sighed. She looked to Mark and Arizona. "Okay. You can't just dictate what I'm allowed to eat and drink," she told her.

"Nobody is dictating anything. But you're pregnant now. So things have to be different. You're gonna have to eat better. And take it easier at work. And well if it helps, I'll give up caffeine too," she said.

"That helps no one."

****

Bella walked into the hospital. April walked over to her and smiled. "Hi! How's the baby?"

"Ask NICU," Bella said as she carried on walking. She didn't know why she was being so harsh. But she just wanted to be a mom. She wanted to be her Maddy's mom.