𝐎𝐍𝐄

I was standing next to the door of Warner's office, facing the hallway

Somehow the time passed slowly, yet fast, I'm not sure. The watch usually sitting on my wrist was missing, I'm sure Kenji has it, so I had no idea which time it was and when my shift ended. I didn't even get direct orders what time I was supposed to work. Huh.

The only thing that I knew was that he was in there, working or doing something else.

My arms were sore from training with Matteo, my roommate, for hours last night. I knew I should have gotten some rest, but my body was working against my soul and somehow found its way into the gym.

I've never been to this floor, because I wasn't allowed to, but I knew that he was in his office.

My job as a personal guard was to follow Warner everywhere, apart from coming into the room. The only thing I could do was to escort him to the dining room, to his bedroom and back to his office. The rest of the time I would be standing in front of the doors in the hallways.

I already love this job.

To be honest, I'm not complaining. Before I was assigned to this one, my old job was standing in front of the kitchens, every day, every night, standing next to an dumb, annoying, absolute idiotic ma-

The door opened.

My breaths stopped and I fixed my posture, my gaze fixed on the long hallway in front of me. I could see his figure in the corner of my eye.

He closed the door behind him, fixed his coat and started walking. I took a quick breath before following him, copying his steps, yet being careful to keep a distance.

His blond hair was bright and shining in the light. The first thing I noticed was the way he walked, it was so careful, yet so.. I'm not sure how to describe it, maybe powerful? -no. Anyways, he was trying to not show that his whole body was slightly tensed up. I could see it. Warner was fully aware of me being his new guard and he had to make sure if I wouldn't immediately kill him. But trust me, I was smart enough not to.

We reached the elevator, it immediately opened and he stepped in, I after him. I caught a glimpse of his face, and you won't believe me, but the commander of sector 45 was absolute majestic. That's the word.

His eyes were purely deep green and his facial bones had been created from the gods theirselves. His lips were thin, yet not too thin, yet not too full, maybe because of the fact that he wasn't smiling. But somehow.. perfect. He had some beauty marks over his skin which adored and completed his gaze.

If I had a choice, I would want to look at his face again and see if what I saw was really true. And if it was, I would want to look at it forever.

The doors closed and the silence evolved us, the only sound being the little music coming from the speakers.

We moved downstairs.
One
two
three
four
fiv-

"Hetchers."

My whole body froze. I tried not to show it, but it was harder than I thought. "Yes, sir?"

I didn't turn to him, but the sound of his voice wouldn't leave my mind. I've never heard anyone say my last name like he did, with such delicate and passion.

"You start from 7:30am now on. At that time I will leave my room and you will escort me to everywhere I go, and at the end of the day, when I'm back in my bedroom, you're going to guard my door until 4am, then be at point 7:30am back. Understood?"

Forgot everything I said, I don't like this job.