The Impossible Astronaut

Robyn sits in Amy and Rory's kitchen as Rory puts the shopping away "At the personal intervention of the King, the unnamed Doctor was incarcerated without trial in the Tower of London

Robyn sits in Amy and Rory's kitchen as Rory puts the shopping away "At the personal intervention of the King, the unnamed Doctor was incarcerated without trial in the Tower of London." Amy reads from a history book. "Okay, but it doesn't have to be him." Rory tells her, passing Robyn an apple which she starts happily munching on. "According to contemporary accounts, two nights later, a magical sphere some twenty feet across, was seen floating away from the tower, bearing the mysterious Doctor aloft." Amy explains. "Okay. It's him." Rory concedes. "There's more." Amy tells him, beginning to him about other stories throughout history. Rory picks Robyn up and carries her through to the living room, putting on Laurel and Hardy film. Amy sits with them "It's like he's being deliberately ridiculous, trying to attract our attention. Are you watching this again?" she asks Rory. "Yeah. I've explained the jokes." Rory tells her. The doorbell rings, Amy going to answer it with Robyn running over to her toy box in the corner "So what are you saying? Do you really think he's back there, trying to wave to us, out of history books?" Rory asks. "Hey, it's the sort of thing he'd do. Thanks." Amy calls back, thanking the postman for their letters. "Yeah, but why?" Rory asks her. "Well, he said he'd be in touch." Amy tells him. "Two months ago." Rory reminds her. "Two months is nothing. He's up to something. I know he is. I know him." Amy responds.

Robyn runs over with a jigsaw, beginning to do it on the floor as Amy opens the blue envelope in her hands. Rory sees the look on Amy's face "What is it? Amy?" he asks. "A date, a time, a map reference. I think it's an invitation." Amy explains. "From who?" Rory asks. "It's not signed. Look, Tardis blue." Amy tells him, throwing the letter to him. "I'll search where this is." Rory tells her, going over to his laptop. Amy smiles and sits next to Robyn, helping her with the jigsaw. After a minute Rory looks over "It's in America, Utah to be exact." he tells them. "You get plane tickets, I'll start packing our stuff." Amy tells him, making him nod. "Want to come help?" Amy asks Robyn. "Okay." Robyn smiles, running to the stairs. "Careful on the stairs!" Amy and Rory call after her, making her giggle. "I will." she calls back, the two of them smiling as Amy follows her.

Holding onto Rory's hand, Robyn walks off the bus with Rory and Amy "Thanks!" Amy smiles at the driver

Holding onto Rory's hand, Robyn walks off the bus with Rory and Amy "Thanks!" Amy smiles at the driver. "You're very welcome." he responds. "This is it, yeah? The right place?" Amy asks. "Nowhere, middle of? Yeah, this it." Rory responds. "Howdy." the Doctor says, making them turn to see him on the hood of a large American car. "Doctor!" Amy exclaims, Robyn running over to him. The Doctor smiles and climbs off the car, picking Robyn up and hugging her "Hello, Little Bird." he smiles, kissing her head. The Doctor places her back on her feet before greeting Amy and Rory "Ha, ha! It's the Pond." he smiles. "Hey!" Amy exclaims. "Hello, Pond. Come here." he smiles, hugging her. "So, someone's been a busy boy then, eh?" Amy smiles. "Did you see me?" the Doctor asks. "Of course." Amy tells him. "Stalker." he teases. "Flirt." she jokes back. "Husband." Rory says. "Rory the Roman! Ooo, come here." the Doctor smiles, hugging Rory. "Hey, nice hat." Rory compliments. "I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool." he tells them. Just then someone shoots the hat off his head "Hello, sweetie." River smiles. "Mummy!" Robyn exclaims, running over. River smiles and picks her up "Ooh, I missed you, baby." She smiles, kissing her daughter's head. Robyn smiles and wraps her arms round River's neck, hugging her.