chapter 7

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

The wizards didn't have to wait long before a new scene appeared on the screen. Percy and the other demigods had disappeared and instead, they were now looking at what seemed to be the inside of a cabin. The room held about six bunk beds, but it seemed only two of the beds were being occupied. Percy was perched on a top bunk–obviously his–clad in the camp Half-blood staple t-shirt and some dark-wash jeans. The demigod was observing something he held in his hand, the wizards got the chance to see what it was once the screen zoomed in.

It was a photo, or well photos. There were more strewn about on his lap and the bed, however, the wizards locked-in on the one he held in his hand. The photo captured a couple caught mid-laugh–it was Percy and Amalthea. He had an arm wrapped around the girl's shoulders, his attention solely fixed on her as they laughed. Walburga couldn't help but to clasp her husband's hand, squeezing it lightly at the sight of the teenagers looking so happy and in love.

"Oh, Orion..." Walburga mourned for the boy on the screen, she could see the look on Percy's face as he looked at the photo. It was the same look he was giving in the picture, his eyes were on his girlfriend, but this time his gaze was sad and one of longing.

The rest of the photos on the boy's lap and bed depicted similar scenes. There were many of just the two demigods, but there was also a fair amount of photos containing others as well. At the sight of the orange camp shirts, the wizards could tell they were other demigods. A few of them held Annabeth–who they were familiar with thanks to the last scene, though there were others who they did not know.

Everyone in the great hall continued to watch the scene, Percy had put down the photo in his hand and looked blankly at nowhere in particular. The wizards could tell the boy was stuck in his mind, but they weren't expecting to experience his thoughts with him. They were momentarily startled when the scene blurred slightly and they were now looking at an empty deck of a ship–save for two people. It was dark out, so the wizards knew it was night time, but they couldn't yet tell who the figures were.

Lily realised first that one of them was Percy, after all they were watching his memories.

"It's Percy, but I can't tell who the other person is." She said out loud for the rest of the hall to hear her. There were a few hums in response, but another voice spoke up clearly having figured out who it was with the son of Poseidon.

Remus directed their attention to the screen. "Look, he's with Amalthea." That had everyone focusing on the scene. Lupin was correct, it was in fact Amalthea Black, the girl was sat cross-legged on the deck floor with Percy's head resting on her thigh as he was laid out.

Faint strumming echoed around the hall, and it was only now that the scene became clearer, they could see Amalthea holding onto a guitar. She was just mindlessly strumming, no particular tune in mind but it seemed to be enough for both demigods.