𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Amalthea Helene Karneios

Demigod daughter of the Sun God Apollo.

She had come to the camp unknowing of her surname, and with no memory of her life before her arrival. But when the Sun God claims her as his daughter, she is bestowed the name Karneios–after her godly parent. Thus, she spends nine years dedicating herself to Camp Half-Blood and the Gods. Apart from her claiming, Amalthea hadn't interacted with her father, yet on her ninth birthday, things began to change. It seems that making the feathers from her siblings' pillows float around the room, wasn't so normal for a demigod of Apollo.

For the first time since arriving at camp, she'd discovered something about her life before her loss of memory. It was about her mother. According to Apollo, the woman was magical–"A witch"–he had said. But that's all the knowledge the God allowed her. Of course, the immortal didn't plan on leaving his daughter untrained, so with much begging, he set up for the Goddess Hecate to help nurture Amalthea's magic.

By 11-years-old, Amalthea had been able to develop demigod powers akin to her father's. Hecate had discovered that her magical core wasn't so attuned to practicing the spells of her pet world, but they could be harnessed to foster powers for a demigod. The manifestation of her abilities combined with her magical core - made her far more stronger than the rest of the halfbloods, and it placed her under the Gods' scrutiny. However, being Apollo's daughter earned her some favour, and kept her in their good graces.

When she was twelve, Amalthea was thrust into a quest alongside Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood and...Perseus Jackson–a recently discovered demigod and the son of the Sea God Poseidon. Amalthea knew her peaceful years were over, Percy's arrival made sure of that.

At fourteen, it felt as though her whole world came crashing down. Figuratively–and quite literally. The strain of holding up the sky was torturous enough that it seemed to break whatever block she had on her memories. Amalthea Karneios was actually Amalthea Black. Discovering that she had a whole family somewhere in England - a mother, father, and two younger brothers - it left her feeling anger and betrayal. She remembered the promise her parents made to her as she fled for camp half-blood. They broke that promise. Safe to say, Walburga and Orion Black did not expect to receive a letter from their obliviated daughter.

The secret of Amalthea Black was revealed on a stormy night of 1976. When the main family of the House of Black is summoned to Hogwarts, they are finally disclosed to a secret two of their family members had kept from them. Given their shock, they certainly weren't prepared to meet Amalthea for the first time through watching memories of her. Nor were they ready to witness her future.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘗𝘶𝘳
"𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞"

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘗𝘶𝘳"𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞"