chapter 3

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"That was awesome!" Cried a random first year, and multiple students and teachers across the hall voiced their agreement.

From where he now sat beside his brother on the Slytherin table, Sirius caught his best friend's eyes and the two troublemakers shared amazed grins.

"Wicked!" They both shouted, while Peter and Remus held similar expressions on their own faces.

A group of girls sat not too far down from the Marauders–puffed their chests in pride, "I love women!" Marlene McKinnon declared and then proceeded to rave about how hot Amalthea was for slaying those monsters so easily, meanwhile Marlene's girlfriend Dorcas Meadows tried to calm her down, a soft smile on her face already used to the blonde's antics.

"Colour me impressed," Alphard stated. He was not expecting that from his niece, but he felt proud for the recently claimed Black child.

Arcturus and Melania Black had a glint of pride in their eyes, in awe of their granddaughter.

Most of the Black family concealed their surprise, clearly not expecting the halfblood to be that special. But they were proven wrong at the sign of magic and witnessing the girl take down three huge ogres easily.

Walburga and Orion held each other's hands tightly. Despite knowing that Amalthea was an extraordinary fighter–anything could happen in a battle. 

Knowing that Connor and Max made it to the cabins safely, Mal thought about finding Percy. The two had been fighting together alongside Annabeth–leading the Greek forces while Frank and Hazel led the Romans with Reyna.

When Jason and Piper disappeared into the sky after Leo and an uprooted Gaia, the Black had been separated from her boyfriend.

As the girl made a move to stand, a blazing comet streaked upward from an onager far across from where she was. It sounded like it was screaming, but Amalthea didn't dwell on it as she watched in horror as it collided with Festus, who shone brightly like a second sun.

The comet hit the ball of fire and the explosion turned the entire sky gold.

She had to shield her eyes from the sight, lest she wanted to go permanently blind. As the blast dimmed, Amalthea brought her attention back to the sky as she noticed three figures falling rapidly.

Squinting her eyes to see them better, she realised it was Jason and Piper–with Zeus' son holding on tightly to the daughter of Aphrodite. They didn't seem to be slowing down, and there didn't seem to be anything or anyone who was going to catch them.

A scream tore through her throat as she watched the couple approach the earth. She turned away and muffled a sob as a large crash resounded when the demigods hit the ground.