Chapter 9: "Because i love you"

LILY
"Because i love you"

I was not expecting that at all.

"Lily?"—He asked a few seconds later as i didn't say anything.

"Yeah...em.. sorry, yeah."

"What's wrong? I miss you"

"I miss you too Hazz"—He hugged me.—I'm sorry, i made all this much complicated than it is, i shouldn't have.

"No, don't apologise. It's not your fault".

"No Harry, it is. Everything is my fault. I'm not just talking about your girlfriend situation in the museum"—i feel everything inside of me wanting to come out and my voice cracks—"I can't do it anymore".

"What are you talking about?"

"Anything, everything"—I'm already crying—"Im not enough. I can sing, but everyone hates me for that. If i do it bad, then they hate me too. Also the fame is affecting me. The paparazzi are disturbing. I feel observed, i feel gutted. I feel everyone is disappearing and it's all my fucking fault!".

Harry takes my hand and squeezes it. I get closer to him while crying and put my head on his chest. As he's taller it fits perfectly. He kisses the top of my head and starts speaking with he's sweet raspy voice—"You're not losing anybody. You're not a bad singer. You can't focus on the bad comments only. You shouldn't listen to anybody that's not yourself. You're the strongest person i know, the bravest. And i'm sure this wont stop you, you'll move on again, as you always do. I'm still your friend and you'll always can count on me. Don't let anyone break us apart again, please."—He hugs me with one arm.

"Thank you, i'm sorry for all this".

"Stop apologising. We'll be alright blondie."

"It's a promise?"

"It's a promise"—I smile and he does too. I hug him tightly as it's getting cold and he's my support in this moment.—"And she's not my girlfriend."

"Oh so you make out with strangers, that's good..."

"She followed me around and kissed me, i don't even like her."

"You don't have to give me explanations".—I separate from the hug and sit straight.—"You can date whoever you like."— That kinda hurt both of us.

"Okay but i'm serious, i don't like her."

"But there's someone else"

"Yeah..."

"Then go for it. I'm sure she deserves you Harry. You're incredible."

"Thank you, you should too, if there's someone..."

"It's more complicated than that. He's... well. Different and would never look at me."

"I'm sure he would, how could he not".

Fuck, did he just say that? Harry stop it.

"Thanks."

"Anytime Lily. We should go sleep now."

(...)
(In the tour bus, each one on his bunk bed)

"Harry, you up?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Can't sleep"

"Me either"

"What's bothering you?"

"What's bothering you"

"Many things"—We said at the same time, whispering so the boys didn't wake up.

Then he got up and got closer to my bunk.