4 - Wedding

The wedding day arrived. Shalu still didn't see the mappillai as he didn't come to buys clothes or jewelry. Even shalu didn't show much interest while buying. Arun didn't come as he had his sem preparation.

It's was early morning. Shalu went to see her mom to ask for soap. She heard her parents speaking.

Ravi and Janaki cried remembering the day they heard the conversation of usha and Chandran and her moms earning to get her married to Vikram.

All these days Shalu kept her emotions aside and did what all they did but today after hearing her parents pain she was broke. Even shalu mom knew that shalu liked Vikram by seeing the way how shalu treat and look Vikram.

Jan - Ipo oru nalaa edathulaa kalyanam panni kudukaa poorom... sandhosa padunga..marupadiyum ungaluku attack vandhuraa pooguthu.

Ravi - Enaa irundhalum en poonuku pudichaa valkaa amachii tharaa mudiyalaaee enalaa..

Jank - Avaa indhaa kalayanathu nalaa sandhosamaa dhaan nambungaa... vangaa poogalaam.. nariyaa velaa iruku.

Shalu went to room and found the soap already in the table which she failed to notice. She went to bath but her bottled up emotions came out. She didn't cry .. not even a drop of tear left her eyes when Vikram rejected her but now her emotions  opened up and she cried badly.

Shalu got ready and came to stage. She was made to sit beside the groom and soon the thali was tied around her neck. Till now she didn't know whom she married.

iyer - Poonu nethilaa kukumam vaingoo.. appadiyee thaali laa vaiigooo..

Shalu breath hitched when he encircled his hand around her shoulder to reach her forhead to keep the kunkumam. She looked at his face now.

Sensing her gaze he looked at her with a small smile.

Soon few rituals were done 

Pugal - Maplaa indhaa...

Ravi - Enaa da adhu..

Rak - Adhu nanum ivanum..  papa kum mapalikum ring vangunom.. adhaa rendu perum maathikoonga..

Maplaa - Idhu ellam edhuku machan.

Pugal - Pudi da Arjun..  papa ku potu vidu..

Arjun
Arjun
Arjun

His name resonated in her ears.

All these days everyone mentioned him as maplaa or thambi... or mapla thambi.. even during the engagement reading she didn't pay any attention nor she didn’t see his face even though he was there. Today only she came to know about his name..

Rak - Shalu Kaiyaa netu da..

Shalu showed her hand and he puts the ring in her finger.

Soon few photos were taken and rituals were conducted. Only 100 family were called for the wedding and that to only relatives from both the sides as they planned for a big reception. Then Shalu and Ashwin was taken to Shalu house first.

Arjun and shalini were taken to shalini house.

Rakshan drove the car.

Pugal sat beside Ashwin.

Arun sat in front.

Arun - Aparam Maathani.. En annen eppadi...

Rak - Deii.. chinna..

Arun - Iru mama's... maathani inikiee dhanaa neengaa annen ha modhalaa pakuringa.

Puga - Ipo ne vangaa poora..