Chapter 12 - The preparation

Before they all knew the morning sun had risen high, all of them were fast asleep until "GUYS WE HAVE TO GET GOING!!!" shouted Nate. Panicked, everyone got up, packed up their tents at lightning speed and left. As they were walking hurriedly through the forest Annalise said, "Why don't we narrow down the places she would be?". "Well, she would be somewhere quiet and dark but with a lot of space around," Barney said. "Oh that's so helpful" Waylan muttered under his breath to Icelynn who was standing next to him, she giggled blushing. "What do we do when we see her?" Annalise piped up, "run" Waylan said jokingly to more silent giggles from Icelynn. "I think we should hide behind trees and get ready to defend ourselves if she attacks," Flynn said "What are we defending?" Annalise stomped on his foot and said "Our lives are dummies", Waylan rolled his eyes, but you could tell he didn't mean it. "Guys, let's just quickly practise our defence, because we are getting close," Flynn said.

"Barry and Barney, are you capable of being a distraction?" Flynn said turning towards the twins, "yup" They replied in unison giving him a thumbs up, "Flynn, Nate we can do the arms defence" Waylan said proudly, "Oh so only the boys get to be in the action" Annalise said defensively, "No I didn't mean it like that" Waylan said blushing, genuinely looking apologetic, "I was joking" Annalise replied airily, "I mean you can if you want" Waylan said, Anna;lise raised an eyebrow, "Anyways, Icelynn you are there to shield us if things get bloody" Icelynn nodded as a reply, "Annalise, you will be there to give the inspirational talks instructions" Flynn said finally. Flynn conjured up some swords and passed a rather long one, a shiny, reflective silver blade" with the emerald encrusted handle, and passed a significantly shorter one, but equally as sharp to Nate which had sapphires wrapping themselves around the handle.

They powered on, the talking getting quieter and quieter until they were all silent with nerves, "what if one of us gets killed?" Waylan said worried, "none of us will" Flynn replied, "theoretically though" Icelynn added, "then we continue fighting until we win".

They turned a corner around the trees and Barney said "This is where she is supposed to be", but nobody was around, nobody they could see. 

(Sorry for the short chapter guys)