Chapter 6: Text Message

Before I know it, the day is over.  Finally.  I walk outside after saying goodbye to an already-stressed-out Naomi.  I see Nicolette in the parking lot, messing with her car keys. 

"Nicolette!" I yell.

She sees me and flashes me a huge grin, then gives me a wave.

I shake my head and wave back, smirking.

I bound over to her car.  Violetta and Evangeline aren't there.  Before I can ask where they are, I hear Violetta. 

"'Sup, girly?"

She looks at Nicolette and mocks the girly-girl freshmen who obsess over nothing but makeup, clothes, and boys.  Not that we're any different.  Well, most of the time.

Nicolette rolls her eyes.  Violetta turns to me and nods her head in my direction.  "Hey, chica."

I sigh. 

"Violetta, what do you want?" I ask, pretending to be annoyed.

She huffs.  "Just tryin' to be nice."

I can't help but laugh.  This is a totally different Violetta than this morning.  She's all...happy.  Before I know it, we're all smiling and laughing, just like we used to before Mathias and Nicolette.  Then I realize that Mathias isn't here.

"Uh, Nicole?"

Nicolette turns to me with anger in her eyes.  She hates it when I call her that. 

"What?" She snaps.

Great.  Now I've got her in a bad mood.

"Where's Mathias?"

Nicolette looks around as if just realizing he's gone. 

"Oh, yeah.  He said he would be a little late today."

Violetta's grin gets even wider.  Uh oh. 

"Violet." I hiss.  Everybody's getting their fair share of nicknames today. 

Violetta gestures to her phone.  I look and see that she's writing a text message, but the "Send To" address is her own number.  

She types: Was with mathias ;)

My eyes widen.  I grab the phone out of her hands and type: !!! r u crazy???

She grabs it back and types:  Chill, we just talked.

"Hey, what are you guys doing with V's phone?" Nicolette asks.

I quickly hide it and Violetta says, "Nothing.  And don't call me 'V'".

Nicolette adjusts the rear view mirror and shrugs.  "Oh, and Evangeline is riding with Fabian today," she says, then starts to pull out of the parking lot, not waiting for Mathias. That's weird.

I give Violetta her phone and pull out my own.  "Text me," I whisper.  She quickly sends a message through an Instant-Messenger.  Her screen name pops up on my phone, as well as the message she sent.

ViolettaVamp: so...we just talked

I try to think of what to say, then fire a message back at her before Nicolette can suspect anything.

DraculaDru: ...and?

ViolettaVamp: that's it :)

DraculaDru: u sure??? Nicolette won't b happy...

ViolettaVamp: she doesn't have 2 know.

DraculaDru: V...

ViolettaVamp: DON'T CALL ME THAT

DraculaDru: FINE. Violetta...

ViolettaVamp: ugh.

DraculaDru: well, u have 2 tell her! She deserves 2 know

ViolettaVamp: uh...no she DOESN'T

DraculaDru: V. Please.

ViolettaVamp: watch me.

DraculaDru: B careful. Don't b mean.

ViolettaVamp: *eyeroll* duh....xD

Violetta clears her throat.  "Hey, Nicolette! Uh, well," she gives me a thumbs-up sign.  "Mathias talked to me today." She continues. 

"Oh, really." Nicolette deadpans.  Violetta's smile falters. 

"Yeah.  Uh, he said you looked pretty today."

"Is that so," Nicolette deadpans again, with a blank stare.

"Yeah."  Violetta says uncomfortably.

ViolettaVamp: well, that failed :(

DraculaDru: no kidding

ViolettaVamp: hey!! u told me 2 tell her!!!

DraculaDru: well...

ViolettaVamp: thus, it's ur fault.

DraculaDru: V!! >:(

ViolettaVamp: haha, jk xD u need to lighten up, girly.

DraculaDru: whatev

ViolettaVamp: so... now she knows...so....?

DraculaDru: oh, nuh uh.   u r sooo not getting of that easy.  u need to tell her EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

ViolettaVamp: but I can't!! She'll be super PO'd

DraculaDru: ugh, V, u really need to learn how to face ur mistakes

ViolettaVamp: ...did u say mistake??? I think that talking to Mathias today was the complete OPPOSITE of mistake. ;D

DraculaDru:  as much as I love you, Violetta, I'm scared to ask why. 

ViolettaVamp: haha, ur 2 funny

DraculaDru: DON'T U DARE CHANGE THE SUBJECT

ViolettaVamp: come on!! i didn't tell her that U WERE WITH HIM IN THE JANITOR'S CLOSET TODAY!!!!!!! Remember that??????

I blush. 

DraculaDru: uh.....

ViolettaVamp: ha.  that's what I thought.  soooooo, what I'm thinking is....

DraculaDru: oh no.

ViolettaVamp: oh yes.  secret 4 a secret.  u don't tell her about what I told u, and I won't tell her about what I saw in the hallway. deal?

DraculaDru: V, please don't do this......ugh ur making my head hurt

ViolettaVamp: come on.  u know u want 2.......

ViolettaVamp: I'm waiting.....

ViolettaVamp: fine.  I'm telling her in 3

ViolettaVamp: 2

DraculaDru: ugh fine.  geez, V.  ur insane. 

ViolettaVamp: I knew u would.  :)

DraculaDru: don't give me that.

ViolettaVamp: u asked for it...

DraculaDru: Violetta, this is the one and only time u r allowed to NOT TELL ANYONE about something.  if u tell Nicolette then I won't have a problem telling her that u were with Mathias after school today.  and I don't care WHAT u were doing. 

ViolettaVamp: u have my word :)

I stare at my phone screen, feeling nauseas.  I had pretty much just given Violetta control over my "secret."  And she thought she was helping me.  Ha.

Author's Note:  Hey, hey, everyone! So who likes the "texting" part of this chapter?  Haha I think their usernames are lame but I thought it was funny.  Vampires IM'ing each other.  Comedy gold.  Haha just kidding, but if you liked it, give it a vote and I will love you forever.  Thanks for reading this far, I hope this isn't boring.  Happy Friday :D