Chapter 1: Driving

Author's Note: Hi guys! So I figured I would try a vampire book.  I hope you like it :)

"Dru! Hurry it up! We're waiting for you!" Nicolette calls. 

I look out through my bedroom window and see her, along with her mate Mathias, in her black convertible.  She sees me looking and sticks her tongue out.  I roll my eyes. 

"C'mon, Drusilla!" She uses my full name.  I used to hate my full name and always preferred being called Dru, but my wonderful mate Darius has taught me to love it. Darius doesn't go to the same school as me, Nicolette, or any of our other friends.  In fact, he doesn't even go to school,  He knows everything, anyway.  Like I said, we're different. 

I get dressed as fast as I can, putting on a long, scarlet red dress and black spiked bracelet that Violetta gave me.  I leave my long, brown hair down and run out the door barefoot, grabbing my black Louis Vuitton Monogram Empeinte Snakeskin bag and heading toward Nicolette's car.  She looks me up and down. 

"Forgetting something?" she smirks. 

I run back inside and bring a black leather jacket and black faux suede studded platform curved heel wedges. 

"Did Violetta give those to you?" Nicolette eyes my studded shoes. 

"Yeah," I reply.  "She said she was 'so over' studded shoes.  I think she has, like, five pairs of these."

"Gotta love Violetta," she jokes. 

I smile.  "Yup."

I wave to Mathias in the front seat and he nods back.  Nicolette begins driving, then suddenly screeches to a stop. 

"Nicolette!" I angrily shout.  She pulls out a tube of red lipstick and smears it all over her lips.  She makes a kissy face to herself in the mirror, puts on her Dior sunglasses and starts driving.  What a diva, I think, smiling.  After all, she is my best friend. 

We drive down to the street just off of the main road, stopping in front of a huge brick house.  A girl with long, flowy fuchsia hair walks out. She's wearing a black, collared shirt with a red tie and a black and red plaid miniskirt.  On on hand she has a long arm warmer and on the other is a glove and various spiked bracelets.  Her studded black headband stands out in her pink hair. She walks toward the car with a straight, non-emotional stare.  She looks at me and nods, then does the same to Nicolette.  But not to Mathias.

"Hi Violetta," Nicolette says.  Mathias awkwardly clears his throat.  Violetta's eyes turn red and she snarls at Mathias.  He holds his hands up as if to say he surrenders. 

Violetta snarls again then bares her teeth at Mathias, before Nicolette grabs Violetta's hand and tells her, "That's enough." Violetta's fangs glint in the light and her eyes return to their natural color, which is black.  Oh, yeah.  I don't think I mentioned yet.  We're vampires. But we keep it a secret amongst ourselves.  Not one human knows of our secret. 

We drive in silence and the whole way, Violetta is staring at Mathias.  She's usually the outgoing, talkative one, but ever since Nicolette and Mathias became mates, she's acted differently.  I usually try to stay out of the drama--and believe me, there's plenty of it-- because it doesn't concern me. Nicolette has had numerous boyfriends, but she tells me that there's never been one like Mathias.  Nicolette thinks that Violetta is jealous of her since she has a mate and Violetta doesn't. I really don't know what Violetta thinks, but then again, who does?  She claims she's a goth vampire, but I always tell her that it's a bit cliche.  But she doesn't care.  Violetta's a good friend, just hard to understand.  She can be sweet and innocent, then flip to a mean, crazy, jealous vamp.  But, like Nicolette said, gotta love Violetta!

 Author's Note:→→→ Those are the shoes that Drusilla was wearing.  Cool, huh? ;)