CHAPTER 10

AUTHOR's POV

In the classroom, in the eyes of everyone, they stand, two figures suspended in a moment of silent connection. Their eyes meet across the distance, each looking at a window into a world of unspoken sentiments. Emotions swirl around them like a tempest, a feeling of longing, uncertainty, and desire.

As Y/N watched, her heart quickens with disbelief as the guy on her lowest terms stepped forward for her. She is taken aback, the shock evident in her widening eyes and trembling lips. Her world tilts on its axis as the realization dawns upon her: he, once a distant figure in the periphery of her thoughts, now stands before her, boldly declaring his intentions.

Though Soobin had never harbored feelings for Y/N before, something within him stirs as he looks into her eyes, seeing her vulnerability and the silent plea hidden within. He was himself confused of himself; why in the world did he take a step forward her? Complications fueled up his mind and as he reached out to her, a sense of determination washed over him, driving him to stand by her side, even in the face of uncertainty.

In that fleeting instant, the echoes of whispered conversations and stolen glances, hangs heavy in the air. And as they stand there, separated by mere inches yet worlds apart, the universe seems to hold its breath, waiting for the next move in this intricate dance of hearts. In that silent exchange, a thousand words are spoken without uttering a single syllable, leaving them both suspended in the raw intensity of their shared connection.

Y/N's POV

Did I see that right?

But why?

Does he again have his own reasons? Or was it really for me?

Questions flooded my mind as I saw the still figure in front of me looking straight into my eyes. And yet again, we are strangled up in the battle of eye connection. He was just standing still not uttering a word and the same went for me. The situation is tensed up.

Yeonjun beside me broke the awkward silence and walked to Soobin. He along with Soobin exited the classroom and the boys followed him. I was standing there clueless since how am I even supposed to react?

My mind insisted to not mind them but the heart says elsewise. Deep down, I was delighted by the events of a few minutes ago. A feeling of satisfaction and safety rushed my insides. He do makes me feel secure.

Sometimes.

SOOBIN's POV

Yeonjun : Are you sure there's nothing going on between you two?

Soobin : Of course not.

Yeonjun : Then why would you do that? I don't think the guy messed with you in any way Soobin.

Soobin : I- don't know honestly.

Beomgyu : Tch tch, I know you did it for her. Why is it too hard to confess?

Taehyun : Brother, confessing is a distant thing. He is not even admitting what he did.

Soobin : Since I myself don't know why I did it.

Yeonjun : My brother, you're definitely attracted to her.

Soobin : There's no way Yeonjun. She is not even my type. I won't even lay my eyes on her.

Beomgyu : Poor.

Beomgyu shook his head sideways with a sigh escaping his mouth.

Yeonjun : Brother, you need to examine your feelings. I feel something is odd.

Soobin : I will see to that.

Yeonjun patted my shoulder and left along with the boys.

The corridor stretched out before me, silent and still, the only sound was own ragged breaths. Confusion and frustration rushed over me like a tidal wave. I wonder if I really did right?

She does leave an impact on me so does that mean I am attracted to her?

I sighed and made my way to the rooftop since it is the only place where my mind can be eased. As I opened the door to the rooftop, a hand pulled me aside, immediately closing the door behind me.

Soobin : What the-

I immediately cut off myself as soon as my eyes met with the figure who pulled me. It was a long, deep eye contact and yet again I have lost words to speak. Why again?

Y/N : Please be honest with me.

Soobin : As if I ever lied.

Y/N : Why did you do it?

Soobin : Did what?

I tried to play cool since I didn't know the answer to her question myself.

Y/N : Stop with your acts.

Her eyes seemed having a lot of questions to which I want the answers as well. Her eyes were looking soft with worry written all over face. I knew she was confused, so am I.

I didn't realise the distance between us that she was just a few inches apart from me. Her hands were holding mine with my back touch the cold surface of the door. And again, I am feeling strange.

I could not even tell her to go away. I wanted to but it felt as if the words are struck in my throat so I just shrugged and looked sideways but out of nowhere, I felt warmth.

AUTHOR's POV

He felt her warmth envelop him, her arms wrapping around him in a tight embrace. It was unexpected, this sudden display of affection, but he welcomed it, relishing in the comfort it brought.

She buried her face in his chest, her body trembling slightly. He could feel her heart beating against his own, a rhythm that matched his own. For a moment, everything else faded away, leaving just the two of them, lost in their own world.

He didn't move a muscle of his. He just stood there letting her do what she wanted to. She parted away from him and smiled then, a small, sad smile that tugged at his heart and her voice barely above a whisper.

Y/N : Thankyou.

As she took a step away from him, he, out of nowhere, felt a sudden urge of emotion unlike anything he had ever felt before. She was about to pass by him but he, without thinking, pulled her by her arm and leaned in capturing her lips with his own.