CHAPTER 8

SOOBIN'S POV

As I lay here on my bed, the events of the day were replayed like a movie in my mind. Each scene, each conversation, each emotion rushed back to me, demanding attention. I close my eyes and let myself sink into the memories, feeling the weight of every decision and the impact of every interaction.

I wonder if I handled certain situations differently, if I said the right things, if I made the right choices. I wonder if I didn't make Y/N uncomfortable. I mentally slapped myself since again I drifted into her thoughts.

I opened my phone and scrolled through Instagram where I came across a post in my feed which was liked by Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun and Kai. As I observed carefully, I realised that I was really checking out Y/N. I opened the comment section and mentally cursed upon seeing the comments of Yeonjun and Beomgyu.

@yawwnnzznn - absolutely pretty!

@bamgyuuu - The only "b" word I should call you is "beautiful!"

How come they got so close?

I put my phone on the night stand and pulled the comforter over myself. I sighed knowing even if I've been on her mind lately, it would be my bad side.

_

The Next Day

I walked across the corridor with my hands in the pocket and whistled the song I recently listened to. That was when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Yeonjun : You look so happy.

Soobin : Should I not be?

Yeonjun : I mean, what's the matter?

Soobin : Nothing.

Yeonjun : Have you seen Y/N?

Soobin : Why would I?

He looked at me with an 'are you serious bro' expression to which I nodded as a 'yes'.

On the way to our classroom, a girl approached us. She paused, uncertainty etched across her features, perhaps expecting a smile or a greeting. Yet, we remained unmoved, our gazes fixed ahead, as if she were nothing more than a passing shadow in the night.

"This is for you."

She took out her hand with a box which Yeonjun immediately grabbed from her.

"I liked you the day I first saw you."

The girl poured her heart out, confessing her feelings with trembling words and her words hung in the air, heavy with expectation, yet met with only an impassive gaze from us.

Yeonjun : Who? Me or him?

The girl turned herself to me to which I scoffed. She searched my face for any sign of reaction. With a heavy sigh, she swallowed her disappointment, accepting the silence as my response. She turned back and walked away.

Yeonjun : Do you want this or should I keep it?

He pointed towards the box in his hand already eating one of the chocolates.