1

"DESTINY, Wake up you don't wanna be late for school again you know your dad would get upset. "Huh" I said, yawning. Oh, hey mom. What time is it?" "Get up, or you're gonna be late for school."

What? I could've sworn I put an alarm on. She walked out of the room "Okay!" I grabbed my phone and checked the time, it was almost time for school, 8:20am.  At least it's better than being late, I just need to get ready faster.

I placed my phone back on my nightstand and quickly got out of bed. I walked over to my bathroom brushing my teeth and quickly getting ready. Once I was done I walked out of my bathroom and went into my bedroom grabbing a random shirt and some jeans.

When I finally got done getting ready I went downstairs "Come eat, and hurry you're gonna be late." My mom said "Why can't you drive me? Just this once please?" I said "No, I have work and I can't drive you. Just take the bus." "Fine." I said annoyed as I grabbed some food and headed for the door. "Sorry Destiny, maybe tomorrow. I don't have work that day." "Okay."  I mumbled. I grabbed my shoes and my backpack and walked to the bus stop.

I waited at the bus stop for the next bus, once I saw the bus come I got on the next one. I quickly smiled at the bus driver and he smiled back. "Hey kid, late for school?" Oh um yeah I woke up late I said. I took my seat and I then realized the bus was empty. I supposed it was because everyone was already at school. I took my phone out to check the time, 8:50. Class starts at 9:00.¨Here's your stop" I didn't realize that I was at my stop because I was thinking to myself. I walked out of the bus and walked over to the school doors.

I walked over to my locker and began to open it when I felt a hand touch my shoulder which basically pushed me.
I turned around and once I saw who it was, I gasped. Maddie? What in the world are you doing here?" After I said that I felt kind of stupid. I mean I knew that she was in the area but I thought that she moved schools.

"Oh, it's you. I didn't know you were at this school. Okay bye!" She said as she ran to wherever she was going.

I held my head down and walked to my class annoyed and curious. What was she going to say?

When I got to class I took my seat and quickly noticed that Maddie was in my class and took the seat next to me. I wondered why. Maybe she's gonna do something.

I stood up and walked over to the back when I heard my teacher say, "Young lady you can't change seats now it's too late." She said with anger in her voice. "Oh uh i just needed to go to the bathroom, um can i go to the bathroom?" I said with a unsure voice "I suppose you can. Next time ask first."

I let out a breath of relief as she believed me, but then I turned to my right and I saw Maddie laughing at me hysterically. "What do you want, Maddie?" I said, rolling my eyes. "Oh so you're trying to move away from me?" I wonder what she would say if I said yes. But I'm not that bold to say that. "No, I just needed to go to the bathroom. "Sure you did," Maddie said quietly." I rolled my eyes for the millionth time since I obviously heard what she said.

  I heard the teacher say something about a project so I turned my attention to her. "The person you're sitting next to is going to be your partner for your project, you can do anything for the project."

I raised my hand "Can i work alone?" I glanced at Maddie and I saw her roll her eyes. "You can work alone if you want, but I highly recommend working with a partner." After she finished talking, Maddie walked over to me "What should we do for the presentation?"

"What? No, I'm working alone." "You can't just do that. If you do, I'll tell everyone about your secret."

"You wouldn't. Seriously? Are you blackmailing me?" "Maybe. So work with me." "Why do you want to work with me? Don't you hate me.." "Yeah but you're a nerd. It's a guaranteed A." "Thank you." I smiled sarcastically as I wandered off rolling my eyes figuring out what to do.

While I was doing the work Maddie was on her phone talking to her friends. I stood up and I was about to go tell the teacher but right when I was about to Maddie stopped me

"Where are you going?" I thought of an excuse to say, "What do you mean? I'm asking the teacher something. But you're not allowed to use your phone in class¨ 

"I knew it you're a little tattletale, aren't you! I stuttered thinking of another excuse and said "No I was going to ask a question.¨ She gave me a look and asked " Aren't you the smart kid, what were you going to ask?" It's none of your business, but thanks for calling me smart" She then rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Okay, that's the bell you are all free to go." I picked up all of my work and put it in my backpack. Suddenly I heard someone talking to me "Uh, do you maybe want to come over to do the project?" Maddie said. I looked at her confused, you want me to come over? "Yeah, so do u want to otherwise you'll do it all by yourself " I guess, it's better than going home. "Alright, you can come over at 4:45." Okay, I'll be there.

I walked out of the classroom confused, doesn't she hate me? Why is  she acting like we're friends? I brushed it off of my mind and took the bus to her house.

I got to the bus stop and I noticed something. The man that was there before was gone? It was now a middle aged woman, I got on the bus and the lady stopped me.

"You can't just get on the bus, it costs money, isn't that common sense?" I looked at her confused. "But it was free just this morning?

"Well I'm in charge now. It's 5 dollars if you wanna get on." "It's just a few blocks away please- "No, I don't wanna hear it, you don't have the money? then get out." I got out furrowing my eyebrows and wondered what to do. I began walking since it was already 4:30.

I finally got to her house 20 minutes later. I was ten minutes late, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. That means less time with each other.

I walked up to the driveway and rang the doorbell, But no one answered. Did she just stand me up in her own house? I looked in the window and I saw Maddie with one of my friends. It was my friend Cleo.

What was she doing here? I knocked on the window to get their attention and they finally noticed me. I saw my friend jump in fear. "What are you doing here?¨ I asked.

"I just wanted to hang out with Maddie, why are you so mad? And erm, why are you here?¨

"A project, but I guess it doesn't matter, I'll just leave you both alone. I saw Maddie look at me and rolled her eyes. What's going on? I saw Maddie mouth to me "Sorry" She said as she laughed and turned back to Cleo.

But what did I know? She's not gonna change.

Chapter one is up! I originally wrote this book in April 2023 with my friend and now I'm putting it on Watt pad. Thank you for everyone who helped me with this book.

Thoughts? What do you think will happen next chapter?

Thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter!

- _stwilights