[005] helen keller

⋆✦⋆✦⋆

————————————

CHAPTER FIVE"helen keller"

CHAPTER FIVE
"helen keller"

————————————

⋆✦⋆✦⋆

THE INTERNS WERE sat in the observation gallery, watching as Burke was performing open heart surgery with Meredith assisting him. They leaned forward in their seats as far as they could, their mouths hanging open with awe and envy as Meredith held an actual heart.

"I wish I could hold a heart," George sighed wistfully, leaning back into the chair as Meredith released the heart, and they started taking the patient off of bypass.

Cristina scoffed, jealousy leaking from her words, "A monkey could hold a heart."

Noting her obvious jealousy, George retorted, "You're just mad Burke didn't ask you."

She wasn't doing a great job of hiding it – as shown by Clementina shooting her a knowing look accompanied by a smirk that said she wasn't convincing anyone.

Then, Izzie leaned back, peering behind Cristina so she could see George, "George, I need more ice and chips."

"Who else did you invite?"

Interested in knowing this, Clementina turned to look Izzie's way questioningly. The blonde looked away suspiciously. Catching this, Cristina drawled, "Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?"

"Just some people from Paeds."

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house," Cristina shook her head with disappointment, "The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks." She saw how Izzie averted her gaze sheepishly and groaned, "She invited mental defects. This party's D.O.A."

Clementina reached around Izzie to poke Cristina in the upper arm, "Oh, stop. There's nothing wrong with Paeds and Psych. Stop being an elitist." Cristina leaned away and rolled her eyes after glaring at the other dark-haired intern.

George eyed Izzie worriedly, "You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?"

"No, but I will." She received three identical unconvinced looks. "I promise."

Clicking her tongue, Clementina said, "You should—don't want her turning up and being ambushed by a swarm of drunk idiots." She paused, her eyes lighting up as she remembered something, and she tapped Izzie's arm excitedly. "Oh! I invited Caro as you asked, and she said some of the other nurses on her floor were down to come."