[003] tension? what tension?

⋆✦⋆✦⋆

————————————

CHAPTER THREE"tension? what tension?"

CHAPTER THREE
"tension? what tension?"

————————————

⋆✦⋆✦⋆

CLEMENTINA STARED AT the ceiling. She had been living at Meredith's house for about a week. Having roommates was... an adjustment - to say the least. Listening to Izzie and George bicker made her want to put her head through the wall. Maybe that way, she'd at least have some peace and quiet.

A shocked yell came from down the hall. Groaning, she gave up on trying to scrape a few more minutes of sleep. With bleary eyes, she crawled out of bed and padded into the hall to check out the noise. At the same time, Meredith was leaving her room with a tired look on her face and Izzie on her heels.

"I have more clothes; I should have the bigger room."

George had popped up from somewhere, "I got here first."

It appeared they were both sensible enough not to try to kick Clementina out of her room. Hers was the biggest and the closest to the bathroom—it was prime real estate. But since she was the first Meredith had asked and the first to move in, they decided picking each other off was the best way to go.

"It's Meredith's house," Izzie shot back, "She should decide."

Clementina pawed at her eyes, trying to wipe the sleepiness away. Meanwhile, Meredith attempted to ignore the bickering while searching for clean clothes.

"My room is like, two inches bigger than yours!

"You have a bigger closet!"

"So? Why is everything always a competition? I-"

Her attempt to wipe the sleepiness away had failed as her eyes gradually closed. She managed to get a few more minutes of sleep whilst standing up, her head leaning back against the wall. That was before George rudely startled her, "... put your clothes somewhere else!"

"Everywhere else is filled with Meredith's mom's boxes."

"Meredith?" George spun around to find her, "When is your mom coming back to town anyway? Because maybe we can put her boxes in storage."

It was too early for this. It was 4.50 - in the morning.

"Or unpack a few things," Izzie added, "Make this place a little more homey. Maybe some throw pillows and lamps, a few paintings."

"Oh, paintings would be nice."

It was baffling. How were they so... perky? They didn't stop talking. If they weren't talking they were bickering. It was inhumane. Clementina stared at them in horror.