chapter 7

The Next Day
Benji's house•
       (1:30pm)
❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❦❧❦

                             The Next Day                               •Benji's house•                                 (1:30pm)                    ❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❦❧❦

-
Benji calmly took a drag from the blunt, barely paying attention as Onika ranted in front of him. Seated on the porch with his friends, they casually observed the escalating situation. "You stupid as fuck , I really hate you" she argued , moving closer to jab a finger at his chest, igniting his anger. "you'll never find a bitch like me and I promise you that" Her public outburst was not to his liking. Fed up with her antics , rising from his seat, he forcefully grabbed her arm, practically pulling her towards her car.

Reaching the car, he seized her neck, his grip firm. "the fuck is you making a scene for ? You doing all dis for what Onika? For what?!" he demanded, his tone intense and his face close to hers. Although she usually found excitement in being choked, this time was unsettling for her. The manner in which he spoke and tightened his hold signaled anger, not affection, making the experience distressingly different for her.

"I- I just - you don't understand! I like you, Benji, I really do, and you just -" Benji observed, his brows knitting together as Onika's tears began to flow. Removing his grip on her neck, he sighed. He couldn't stand to see women cry, especially if he was the reason behind their tears. "You can't fuck me like that and expect me to be okay with not being with you, not seeing you, or being around you?" she managed to say. He couldn't deny that her words boosted his ego somewhat.

Benji clicked his tongue dismissively, gesturing for her to leave. "gone on head man , acting like yeen sleepin around" he retorted, irritated of her attempt to paint a different picture of their situation.

"I'm not! I -"

"Yo. Stop yelling that shi blowing me Onika" he told her sterlnly rubbing his hand down his face. She nodded as she began to speak again.

"I'm not fucking anyone else , okay? I just want us to be together - well we dont have to be together I just want you so bad Benji. Can you stop ghosting me?" In a melancholic tone, she posed her question, and he gave her a stern look, feeling as though she was attempting to reassure him—a gesture he found unnecessary because he didn't care .

"i ah see" he replied "gone bout yo business Onika and don't come to my shi on bullshit again or I promise you .... yeah gone on" he stopped himself from saying what he'll do to her and walked off heading back to the porch hearing her car door open. He smacked his teeth at Reggie and Jah already knowing they were finna start with him by the way they was looking.

"dis nigga got bitches coming to his shi trippin on him , I need dat" Jah joked passing him back the blunt. Benji waved him off shaking his head.

"you want it til you got it" he replied taking a long pull from the blunt. Onika had blew his high and he needed to be high again. "shi ain't cute when it's the wrong person doin it" he expressed making Jah laugh.