Chapter 6

2 days later 
Benji's house
   (9:37pm)
❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❦❧❦

                           2 days later                               Benji's house•                                 (9:37pm)                    ❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❧❦❦❧❦

-
"stop saying that weird ass shit" Benji mugged India through the phone as he sat up against the headboard adjusting his posture to convey his seriousness. She gave yet another warning that she was gonna "find a new best friend". He didn't like her playing like that.

"You didn't even acknowledge my new hairstyle," she remarked with a hint of disappointment, rolling her eyes and giving a small pout. In response, he clicked his tongue as she lowered the volume of the music playing in the car.

"your hair is the same as it was when I last saw you bru" he gave her a blank look. He was positive that it was the same hairstyle. When he saw her , her hair was straight and black and from what he could see it looked the exact same. He looked at her squinting a lil fixing his hat. While focusing on his best friend.

"no it's not! this is my real hair I had a sew in the last time you saw me"

"Lemme see," Benji demanded , leaning in closer to get a better look at India's hair. India turned on the car light and began moving her head, causing her silky hair to flow side to side as she showcased her freshly done silk press.

"I love when you wear your real hair, you look pretty" Miyjay remarked, admiring her natural beauty.

"Thank you, Miyjay," India replied, blushing at the compliment. She turned the light back off, and Miyjay couldn't help but smile at her shy reaction. He licked over his lips unintentionally and nodded in agreement, appreciating her beauty even more in the dimly lit car.

"for sure" If nobody uplifted her he made sure to do so. He wanted his best friend to feel like the prettiest girl ever,  because to him that's what she was.

"who you in the car with?" he questioned, his eyebrows furrowing as he took notice of her sitting in the passenger seat. This man, always nosy and meddling in India's affairs, seemed to believe that her personal matters automatically became his own. It was as if he felt entitled to know every detail of her life, even down to who she chose to ride in vehicles with.

"my sister , im waiting for her to come out the store"

"is that bwinji?" He heard a little voice and then Layla appeared in the camera of the FaceTime call causing his smile to grow wide. The little girl smiled back at him while waving, showing her excitement and joy at seeing him on the screen.