Weirdo

"D-Did we just... win?"

Xiao Jun's lagging mind couldn't keep up with the sudden surging cheers bombarding him from all sides as he foolishly asked the teary-eyed old woman beside him.

After he was swept out of the arena and lost his consciousness, it was Mrs Zhang who had been taking care of the unconscious him since then.

"Yes, the Fourth Young Miss did it! She had successfully exacted Xiao Mo's revenge." Mrs Zhang said in between her sobs.

Hearing her words, Xiao Jun blankly lowered his head, before moving his gaze to the stage above him.

At this moment, everyone around him, including Xiao Jun himself, all had their eyes glued to the girl's extraordinary figure, wondering how such a young teenager like her could wield that much power with just a mere common weapon and even more, winning against ability users with her being a non-ability user herself.

Under the watch of so many heated eyes, the mediator passed Xie Yi a red-clothed platter where there lay two magically shining stones of strange shapes and a pouch, whilst congratulating her, "Here's the prize for the bet, Miss Xie Yi. Congratulations for your win."

"Thank you."

Xie Yi lightly nodded, receiving the spoils of her victory with two hands. As she was suddenly reminded of the debt she owed to a certain someone, Xie Yi moved her gaze to scan at the cheering crowd below her.

Wherever her eyes went by, commotion broke out, stunning her. She didn't expect that she would gain this much popularity over this one fight.

Xie Yi ignored them and narrowed her eyes instead, searching for the figure of her benefactor when she finally caught sight of a lone hand waving amongst the dense sea of people.

Without further ado, Xie Yi jumped down the arena and approached Xie Lin, struggling to pull him out of the mass.

The mediator noticed her difficulty and came down to assist the two by dispersing the raging crowd, urging them to return and continue their training.

Fortunately, the mediator turned out to be one of the hired trainers in the training ground that was known for his fierceness amongst the Xie clan members. And thus, when faced with him, no one dared to raise a fuss.

"Earlier, thank you for your help. Here's your nuclei."

Xie Yi said as she handed Xie Lin his pouch, only for him to push it back into her arms.

"Take it as a gift from me, Miss. And if you really want to thank me, why don't you grant one wish from this humble man?"

'??!!!'

The man suddenly took a step forward, his face closing in as he pulled her hand, prompting her body to stiffen from the sudden intrusion of personal space. Xie Yi quickly retracted her hand and pushed his figure away.

"Keep it to yourself. I don't need them."

Xie Yi coldly spat out with a frown on her forehead. Without bothering to exchange any more pleasantries, she tossed the pouch to the man before turning her back to leave, determined to stay as far as she could from this weirdo.

Her Captain once told her not to let any strange man come near and land a finger on her. The outside world was full of people with questionable motives and thus, she needed to constantly stay alert and protect herself well.

Xie Yi admitted that it was careless of her to let the man move this close to her. After all, the current her wasn't as powerful and untouchable as she used to be. If the man had brought something sharp with him, like a knife or something just as dangerous, she would've long lost her life for the second time.